fitting cagiva mito wheels

marve114
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
fitting cagiva mito wheels

Post by marve114 » 31 May 2008, 12:31

hi there guys i think this is my first post ????

any ways what do you think ive just placed wheels in need to make spacers etc
thats what i wanted help with i know people have done this mod
has any one got any sizes of spacers i can use also a front caliper braket ???

did any one have to space the rear disc out so you could retain the crm caliper

marve114
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: fitting cagiva mito wheels

Post by marve114 » 01 Jun 2008, 13:14

roystan
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by roystan » 13 Jun 2009, 14:32

hi mate just read ure message i have cagiva supercity wheels in my mk1 crm 250 i had no trouble fitting the rear wheel in with the spacers from my original crm wheels . the front was also simple remove original wheel and replace with new the only pain is the speedo wont work because there is no drive fo it but you need to use the speedo hub as a spacer , i have also got a front caliper bracket that i will try n post pics of if any help ?

BARGZ..
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by BARGZ.. » 27 Apr 2010, 20:20

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and new to the CRM's. I'm not new to bikes though by a long shot and i love my HONDA's.

Basically i thought this thread would be a good place to start because not only have i recently bought a Mk2 but i also have a broken Cagiva Mito sitting in my shed! I'm quite interested in doing a supermoto conversion but id like a bit more info on it first.

Roystan, could you please post pics of the bracket you made for the front brake?

If I do this swap id quite like to keep the mito brakes, is this how other people have gone about it? I'm guessing im gonna need to use different forks? Maybe the Mito forks? although they are quite short..

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Knackered Mk1 you may be able to help me out, I'm looking for a decent rear shock? Mine blew within the first few days of hard riding!

Thanks people. Tom.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 27 Apr 2010, 20:33

There are no hard and fast rules about fitting other wheels into CRMs. Most projects have been undertaken by people who know how to use a lthe to make spacers etc, change bearings to fit and make caliper brakets. If you don't know how to do these things or know someone who does then don't start.

If you do it's just a matter of careful measuring and machine work.

if you don't have a suggestion how to keep the mito brakes then ths suggests that you don't have the knowledge/skill to do the work.

With regards to the shock - get it serviced by a reputable engineer and it will be fine. See viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5266 if you want to know more. The 'FAQ - Check here first' section will provide you with a lot of information. If you can't get the answer here then it will make your subsequent questions better informed.

BARGZ..
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by BARGZ.. » 02 Jul 2010, 15:55

Ok, thanks for the reply. I know you dont have to change the shocks, don't really know what i was thinking there! And after thinking about it properly I'v realised it would involve keeping the mito brakes.. I can get brackets made for the calipers, and spacers shouldnt be a problem either. I would love to see some pictures from someone who has done it though.
I bought a rear shock off ebay in the end but its slightly shorter and thinner so must be from a different model CRM. Only paid £15 though thank god, looks like ill be getting the original rebuilt afterall.