Mk2 Resorection

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 MK3
Re: Mk2 Resorection

Post by andrew19 » 07 Feb 2016, 19:17

Did you use a wire brush as shown in the you tube video?
Read somewhere that that was important.

Saw this on the web. At bottom of the page is a MK2 bracket.
http://www.dkmotorcycles.com/used-spare ... onda%20crm

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by andrew19 » 07 Feb 2016, 19:27

Site seems busy/hangs at the moment but you can get to the home page ie type in www.dkmotorcycles.com, then Used Spares then search for Honda CRM250 and towards the bottom of page there is a bracket.

Or call Parts: 01782 250177

Good luck

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by jompy » 07 Feb 2016, 20:44

Cheers buddy i'll have a look at that when I get chance , i'm a bit skint at the mo so am holding off

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992

Post by pudzie83 » 13 Feb 2016, 09:10

Theres a mk 1 been broken on ebay if thats any help bud
VIVA LA CRM!

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 14 Feb 2016, 10:14

Ta

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by andrew19 » 14 Feb 2016, 21:37

I looked at a photo of a MK1 bracket and I thought it looked a little different to a MK3 bracket

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 14 Feb 2016, 22:16

Cheers guys , at the mo with everything cracking off it's going to have to wait till at least pay day if not longer :(
The joys of having two bikes and a Mrs that feels better and wants to do stuff :)

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 14 Feb 2016, 22:41

andrew19 wrote:I looked at a photo of a MK1 bracket and I thought it looked a little different to a MK3 bracket
Hey buddy there was no need to send that money back as I have the bracket to use if I need it , the main issue with it is the spindle hole on the bracket you sent is about 5 mm bigger than my mk2 and the thickness is about 10 mm thinner than the mk2 but other than that it can be used , like you said in another post it'd be nice to have access to a lathe :lol:
I think my biggest problem has been I've spent a fair bit on parts for the CRM ( some that I don't need but will be use full ) also trying to get my half-one wheels sorted offer being painted as a Christmas present off the wife , ready for my first ever track day next month and then there's the fact that the wife is better after being ill last year & keeps booking holidays & weekends away , I keep telling her the bikes come first but she won't have it :lol:
Cheers buddy ;)

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 11 Jun 2016, 18:01

Update
Well andrew19 found another rear caliper bracket and sent that ( cheers bud :BB ) and it was a perfect fit . Having the new bracket has given me a kick up the arse & i've fitted the rear wheel and taken the bike for a spin on a private road !
Looks like it'll be having a crank rebuild , the easy option is Leisure Trail can have it done with new con rod for £170 but before i go with them theres a couple of other avenues i want to look into first . Seeing as it'll have a crank rebuild i'd be stupid not to have a rebore too so while i'm doing all that and spending the cash i may well have the frame powdercoted as well :OMG
so although i've just put new main bearings in it i take it that it would be stupid to reuse them in the up and coming rebuild ?
Heres a quick video to show how bad the bike sounds

It's all good fun :)

jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 mk2

Post by jonnygal » 20 Feb 2017, 22:12

How you getting on with this mate, did you get done what you wanted to do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 21 Feb 2017, 10:41

jonnygal wrote:How you getting on with this mate, did you get done what you wanted to do?

Hiya Jonny
Being on a limited budget I put the engine together to get it running to see what needed doing , as you may be able to tell from the video the engine seems to knock also I knew that the barrel was worn so I need to budget for a rebore & crank rebuild , the bad bit is I'm only getting first gear but at least I need to split the cases any way ;) , then there's the forks may need a service & seals and shock would probably need looking at .
Unfortunately although she's physically ok now the wife is struggling after a hysterectomy followed a year later by breast cancer so she's off work on the sick with stress & depression so all my effort and attention is on getting her better first , hopefully in a year or two I'll get back to the CRM

jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jonnygal » 21 Feb 2017, 22:32

jompy wrote:
jonnygal wrote:How you getting on with this mate, did you get done what you wanted to do?

Hiya Jonny
Being on a limited budget I put the engine together to get it running to see what needed doing , as you may be able to tell from the video the engine seems to knock also I knew that the barrel was worn so I need to budget for a rebore & crank rebuild , the bad bit is I'm only getting first gear but at least I need to split the cases any way ;) , then there's the forks may need a service & seals and shock would probably need looking at .
Unfortunately although she's physically ok now the wife is struggling after a hysterectomy followed a year later by breast cancer so she's off work on the sick with stress & depression so all my effort and attention is on getting her better first , hopefully in a year or two I'll get back to the CRM
Jesus , plenty to be getting on with then. Like you say though at least you are splitting it anyway so the gears should be a easy job while apart.

Sorry to hear about your wife pal, wish her all the best and get well soon Image

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 22 Feb 2017, 18:34

jonnygal wrote:
jompy wrote:

Hiya Jonny
Jesus , plenty to be getting on with then. Like you say though at least you are splitting it anyway so the gears should be a easy job while apart.

Sorry to hear about your wife pal, wish her all the best and get well soon Image

No worries mate and thanks for the kind words , although I don't have a running dirt bike I do still have my old streetfightered R1 ;)

jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jonnygal » 23 Feb 2017, 23:49

jompy wrote:
jonnygal wrote:
jompy wrote: Hiya Jonny

No worries mate and thanks for the kind words , although I don't have a running dirt bike I do still have my old streetfightered R1 ;)
I'm sure that will keep you busy enough for now. Sounds like an hand full!

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 24 Feb 2017, 16:11

They have a bit of a reputation but they'll only pull your arms of if you want them too , they make really nice useable power and not like an on-off switch like most would have you believe . They don't have the midrange of the old oil cooled gsxr1100's but they have enough and the 2000-2001 5jj has a bit more midrange than some of the earlier 4xv's , great bike to ride with a set of renthals