Hi

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Hi

Post by Eddie Evans » 16 Aug 2007, 15:36

I am thinking of buying a CRM and when looking for some info came across this great site.
I now live in North East Wales and am spoiled for choice having great green lanes on my doorstep. I started riding some lanes on a big GS but bought a KLX 250 once I realised I needed something lighter to do the more interesting lanes.
My interest in the CRM came about when talking to an old hand on a recent ride when he rated it as his all time favorite.
I am going to be studying the site for a while trying to get all the info I can and deciding if the CRM will be the replacement for my great first trail bike the KLX.
Any hints and tips will be greatly appreciated.

1KT
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Re: Hi

Post by 1KT » 16 Aug 2007, 15:49

[b]Eddie Evans :[/b]
> I am thinking of buying a CRM and when looking for some info came across this
> great site.
> I now live in North East Wales and am spoiled for choice having great green
> lanes on my doorstep. I started riding some lanes on a big GS but bought a
> KLX 250 once I realised I needed something lighter to do the more interesting
> lanes.
> My interest in the CRM came about when talking to an old hand on a recent ride
> when he rated it as his all time favorite.
> I am going to be studying the site for a while trying to get all the info I
> can and deciding if the CRM will be the replacement for my great first trail
> bike the KLX.
> Any hints and tips will be greatly appreciated.

Study over :wink: get one bought .I have had wr400,kmx 200,dt 175,pe 175 and quite a few more and its crm every time.Some of the more modern bikes are quicker but £ for £ value and good off road capability look no further.

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 16 Aug 2007, 16:00

Welcome Eddie. Is'nt Wales a great country :D
Go for for a CRM mate. Plenty of low down torque, with plenty of top end power. I had a KLX 250, not a bad bike, but a CRM is a much better bike :)
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:

Post by slider » 17 Aug 2007, 06:59

ed, my mk2 can tow my lardy 17+ stone lardy arse up and around anything i dare point it at and its always me that gives in before the bike.

(mmm,not a real good reccomendation,i give up if i cant reach me fags and me tinny when prone on the sofa :lol: :lol: )

Cupid Stunt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cupid Stunt » 17 Aug 2007, 09:06

Ed, many of us here are wise old dogs in that we've been round the block as far as trail bikes go and had numerous different bikes in the search for what suits us
The CRM is simply "the best trail bike to ever come out of Japan" as TBM put it
In fact it's also very close to be an excellent dual sport bike to due to it's smooth torquey engine and goo road manners, just let down for this purpose by it's lack of long distance comfort (no screen and small tank)

If you want you can travel down to South West Wales and have a spin on mine

You'll find that they can be ridden gently and smoothly and when the mood takes you it will pull like a freight train and put a huge grin on your face

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by Eddie Evans » 17 Aug 2007, 16:41

[b]Gwyn :[/b]
> Welcome Eddie. Is'nt Wales a great country :D
> Go for for a CRM mate. Plenty of low down torque, with plenty of top end power.
> I had a KLX 250, not a bad bike, but a CRM is a much better bike :)

Thanks lads for the welcome. Wales is indeed a great country, especially for trail riding.
I recognise some of your names from the TBM forum where I am an infrequent poster under the name HEW.
Thanks for the offer of a test ride CS, I've also seen your ad but I'm not 100% committed yet so don't want to waste your time. I also understand that the offer of a test was not connected.
I will post a photo once I have worked out how, I know read the instructions

mickstoy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mickstoy » 17 Aug 2007, 20:10

welcome ed go for the crm mate they will do anything you want them too iv had mine just over 12 months and cant believe what they will go through and over with little effort
after all this praise for them on this post you will have to get one now although you have come to a crm dedicated site so nobodys gonna tel you there sh++e are they :lol: :lol:
91 mk2

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3 prospec

Post by purple rooster » 18 Aug 2007, 02:22

hi eddie welcome
ayup duck! livin on the edge................of a big rut!