Hello from Hong Kong

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3
Hello from Hong Kong

Post by fishtail » 13 Jan 2012, 11:52

Hello world! :)

joining you from Hong Kong - originally from the UK ( Notts area) - been here a million years! ( ok just 17 actually )

I just bought my CRM 250 -

http://28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_vid=142 ... 1&h_f_ty=4

havent got delivery yet - hope the paper work is ready on monday..

I'm currently riding a hornet 600 - had it a few years and slowly fixing its niggles - just put CBR 600 stanchions on the front so now fully adjustable suspension!! ( ohlins on the rear.. )

thing is my wife's got a TW200 - and I needed something I could green lane and beyond on with her - she's pretty new to riding - just passed her test a year ago - 3 months before that she had never rode - just got sucked into riding by being pillion on the hornet,, a few weeks ago we stumbled on a quarry - and basically fighting each other to take turns on her TW.... I think there are some other roads that could be explored. but just need the right bike,. ( i think I found it!! )

wondering what to get when a CRM ripped past me at the lights - and I found it more difficult to catch up with than I expected :)

as you can see I'm quite excited to have a 2T again - as I have extensive experience polishing pistons back in the 80's - first road bike was a garelli Rekord 50cc followed by a Fizzie 50! had a few rat bikes on the farm before that - a plastic pig ( C90 ) not the imagined terrain for it - but when your 12 who gives a......

cant wait til next week!

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Hello from Hong Kong

Post by SkidMark » 13 Jan 2012, 16:43

Welcome :)

Hope the paperwork gets sorted and you get the bike quick! I think you'll enjoy it very much!

Wow that looks sweet - its not fair that you have easy access to all the CRM aftermarket bits that we have to pay Rinkya extortionate prices for. (could be a little business in it for you :-) )

Regards

SkidMark
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 13 Jan 2012, 17:23

:D Hi FT, welcome.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 14 Jan 2012, 02:35

thanks guys! you'll be hearing from me!

hope it's be minor tweaks for a while! but they've obviously painted it up - the expansion chamber looks slightly shagged under its lick of paint...

i wouldnt mind getting a nice shiny one on there - what should I be looking for? anything beyond OEM? ( dont know that much about CRM yet.... excuse questions. )

I need to ride it first but I already see the front RHS fork seals are on their way..

and I wanna get some bobbins on the forks - got a feeling about those getting scratched - i slipped my rear out on the hornet - and it slide down the road and gashed those up - wanna avoid that

especially on those skinny tires! ( my wife's TW has 180's on - what are my options on the =CRM - there are some tracks to go on here - but not enough! and they tend to be rocky/stony rather than *muddy*

but I'm open minded - gonna get on the thing first!

should be tuesday at the latest - wife's b'day monday night - ( i bought her the TW for her last b'day- hope she hasnt got the wrong idea hahahahaha

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 14 Jan 2012, 07:59

had to provide proof of address - so I nipped down to see them - and they were fiddling with it when I got there - so got to blast off to the petrol station around the block on it

bit scary at first - the front end dips alot on braking but didnt really seem to slow me down much!

sounds really tiny! forgot 2 strokes pinged like that - pulls well enough but gonna need to slip the clutch to get the front end up!

got a couple of piccies in..

[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... 77aafc.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... 35292b.jpg[/img]

the rear is pretty square - need to get used to leaning it over!

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 14 Jan 2012, 09:36

welcome to the forum FT
pulls well enough but gonna need to slip the clutch to get the front end up!
:o a bit suprising my Mk2 would lift no problem in the lower gears
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 14 Jan 2012, 09:45

thanks !

I just donated so hopefully my posts will get more colourful!

maybe I didnt hit the gas hard enough - was my first go thru town streets so was a little unsure.. only pulled off 2 or 3 sets of lights... the 3rd set a clear road so I pinned it in first and 2nd ... it wasnt slow - but I was expecting it to rival my 600 off the mark..

anyways I will be keeping the CRM for quite some time so I guess things if anything will be sorted..

( first job maybe to look at springs or thicker oil on the front.. )

incidentally my family lives in Ashby now - is that near you?

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 17 Jan 2012, 06:37

ok so the front does come up in first and 2nd

:D
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SkidMark » 17 Jan 2012, 16:35

fishtail wrote:ok so the front does come up in first and 2nd

:D
8-)
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 21 Jan 2012, 05:59

back to the wheelie big question! :o

basically so far I can get like 3- 4- 5 carpark space wide wheelies..

I think I'm doing something wrong tho.. (cos those are basically the bike getting faster and running out of steam...)

sometimes I get the wheel so high - I feel the wieght has gone? and I bottle it - cut gas - and ofcourse bump down,,, but I think these are slower.. so I need to master the balance act

I'm guessing I need to either shift my weight - or just let less gas off.. as opposed to oh poo - drop the gas! - i tell myself everytime to cover the back brake.. dont wanna fall off backwards eh? but havent ever used brake ( seem to "forget" )

any good tutorial vids any one found - I saw the one on MCN - but it seems more aimed at street bikes....

I'm looking for a good off road spot so I can land on grass if poss - not that I wanna fall off!

basically really loving the CRM - apart from the braking! :OMG
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 01 Feb 2012, 18:00

realised there is loads on wheelie-ing out there..

( this was handy - http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/915907 ... a-wheelie/ :BB

- I have annoyed a lot of sleeping security guards this evening... getting better - did a couple of stonkers for me - but not consistant yet! )

struggling to find tips for the situation I was in today..

long uphill successfully navigated...

then I realise - BUGGER - how do I get back down? I'm confident on a short section - with a run off at the bottom.. did a few today - but this one basically crossed a dirt road and not much space at the bottom.

I tried using brakes - but just sliding front and back - ended up exiting a highside quite gracefully... is this why no vids on youtube - ppl only film going up cos u look crap pushing em back down? :mrgreen: