New lurker revealed

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
CRMpurple
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 1999 CRM250AR
New lurker revealed

Post by CRMpurple » 25 Mar 2016, 08:23

G'day all :D
Excellent website and have gleened sheet loads of stuff to assist me in my purchase.

Obtained myself recently, a May 1999 built CRM 250AR purple bike in pretty good nick. As I'm an Aussie in NSW it was ADR compliant and the Gov types really mess about making these road rego'd. I'm going to re rego this bike and only really have one issue. That is idling.
She kicks over easy enough and runs well but will only idle with choke on. The carb is missing a cover so you can see the cable pulley and the vacuum thingo with a screw mechanism. It bascially does FA but if I hand twist is it'll rev. So i'm think has to do with idle setting but itsa not working well.

I have a pict of what I'm talking about but NFI how to load it onto here.

Your assistance is appreciated.

PS there is in here a wiring diagram for a AR. Is there a way I can get a better quality as if I print it A3 it is crap to read.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: New lurker revealed

Post by fallenmikethebike » 25 Mar 2016, 09:29

Gday mate, nice to be out of the closet is it ? :lol: clean the pilot jet, but be prepared to put a new one in.
The tick over arrangement on them also relies on some on-board micro switches that open and close the vacuum arrangement, you can usually here these clicking open and shut, but they might need to be checked out.
AR's are notorious for a bounding tick over even when reset, the rest of the engine needs to be in good fettle.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by jompy » 25 Mar 2016, 12:50

Welcome in bud
There's a load of AR stuff on here in the parts and manuals section including a detailed AR workshop manual, if you have any problems. Pm me your email and I'll send what I can but it takes a number of emails .

Alaska
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Alaska » 26 Mar 2016, 17:01

Welcome to the site man

CRMpurple
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 1999 CRM250AR

Post by CRMpurple » 25 Apr 2016, 02:56

Since the last lot of posting and assistance from you blokes, have had the CRM tuned (was the pilot valve blocked, stale fuel) got is rego'd (cash for the NSW gov :o ) and charged around the DSMRA org'd Kowen Forest ride in Canberra (https://www.facebook.com/kfr2016/) Bike went really well but the numpty hanging onto it, hit a tree about 10ks into the 2nd 60k loop. FAR CAN hurt! Rode on for another 10ks but not enjoying, sore and chewing dust (500+ riders) so pulled the pin.
Only now 2 weeks after can I slowly cough, as a bit of rib cartilage damage is healing.

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by jompy » 25 Apr 2016, 21:50

Hope you heal soon bud , sounds like your chuffed with AR :)