New to the Group - CRF / CRM 250 Project testing my patience

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
ADaley
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
New to the Group - CRF / CRM 250 Project testing my patience

Post by ADaley » 11 Dec 2016, 16:32

Having recently purchased an unfinished project I thought I would join the group. A 2004 CRF450 with a rebuilt MK3 CRM 250 motor. The previous owner who is known locally had made a nice job but due to illness never got to finish the project. I have had the bike to track electronics in norfolk to tidy up the wiring loom and add speedo, digital temperature guage and fan kit, kill switch etc... and had brakets and trays fabricated to tidy the whole thing up as well as spending a fortune with Lings Honda on OEM fastners, chain guide, airbox mud guard etc...

Everything worked on the bike and I had even had it running after being stood for 2-3 years. but an oil leak revealed itself as the previous owner had been over zealous and tightened the sump plug and cracked the casing :-) Engine stripped for the second time and all fixed but now no spark. Everything has been checked out and it appears to be a failed ecu/cdi. With no readily available spares I'm now contemplating sending it away for repair.

If anyone knows of the whereabouts of a MK3 ecu or can recommend a place to send the existing one for repair it would be appreciated. So far Carmo Electrics with an outlet in Oxford seem to be the favourite.

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992
Re: New to the Group - CRF / CRM 250 Project testing my pati

Post by pudzie83 » 11 Dec 2016, 16:55

Lixindia cdi's are available ive ran mine for a while now no faults they do change the way the engine delivers though i personally prefer them some prefer original
VIVA LA CRM!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 11 Dec 2016, 19:58

Nobody local-ish to try and have a test swap of P.G.M.s with? You'd hate to go to the expense of another unit just to find out it was a stray/duff connection.
You'll also find to reference to a chap in Greece, [Nick ] who can refurb your existing unit.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

jim157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by jim157 » 11 Dec 2016, 20:53

Adaley, are you in Norfolk? I'm in Norwich and have a mk3, if you need to try out another pgm.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 11 Dec 2016, 21:21

There is no compatibility between the electronics of an AR and Mk3.