Hello

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
Stuart82
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Hello

Post by Stuart82 » 08 May 2018, 19:45

Hello all,

I'm the recent new owner of a Mk1 on a G plate. I've been lurking in the background picking up information on rebuilding and lightly modifying to suit my ample frame.

I've fitted a pair of XR250 forks with slightly stiffer springs and I'm on the lookout for a Hagon shock to replace the tired original. I understand that Hagon no longer manufactures a shock to suit the Mk1 - can any one confirm?

I've also stripped the top end and had a rebore and replacement +1mm Wossner piston kit supplied by PJME, however I have hit a snag.... I bought a genuine small end bearing with the piston kit, but I've found it doesn't fit my rod. Would I be right in assuming the rod has been replaced and that I need a wiseco B1014 bearing? will that correct my issue and still fit my Wossner G-pin? or do I need to go on the hunt for a complete TRX piston kit etc?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Hello

Post by gregorious77 » 15 May 2018, 16:12

Just use the correct size bearing to match your Wossner pin to your TRX sized rod.

Stuart82
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Hello

Post by Stuart82 » 15 Jun 2018, 22:04

Just an update - I purchased a TRX piston kit to suit my rod. Work has held up the rebuild, but I hope to get it built up before the summer is out.