Hi Guys.. I’m new here

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
Haggyy
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Hi Guys.. I’m new here

Post by Haggyy » 22 Jun 2019, 04:31

Hi all

I have just found this website after buying a Mark 1 CRM 250. I’m from UK but live in Thailand and my Thai is not so good so I’m hoping someone can help me? I have been out this morning on the. Ike and it appears to be loosing its oil out of the oil seal behind the gear shifter. It’s coming out pretty fast but is this the 2 stoke oil as that has gone down quickly. May sound silly asking this question as it looks to be the 2 stroke oil but I thought that was gearbox oil that would come out of the gear shifter ??
I want to post a picture of my bike but I can’t see how to add a picture.. any advice on both points will be greatly received..
Regards
Liam

mcludd
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Hi Guys.. I’m new here

Post by mcludd » 30 Jun 2019, 19:56

Hi Liam welcome in.
I would find it very unlikely that 2t oil would find its way to the gear shaft, The 2 smoke oil goes from the tank to the front RH cover where the oil pump lives and from there to the inlet tract downstream of the carb, if its using loads - more likely that the pump setting needs checking.
The gar shaft seal is an easy fix, can be done in situ just remove the lever, sadly can't remember the seal size but its probably on here somewhere.