AR Workshop Manual ?

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
Flatout
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
AR Workshop Manual ?

Post by Flatout » 20 May 2021, 12:11

Hi Guys
Been going round and round in circles on various links for 2 days now trying to find the AR workshop manual in English, photo bucket, Dropbox etc but I can’t find a link that works. Can anyone help ? Not the LT one I’ve got that.
I’ve had a 1996 AR for 3 years now and I love it, been doing some green laneing this year and i think it’s found it’s true calling :D I want to do a carb clean as I’ve a feel it’s too lumpy at low / constant throttle. Hopefully I’ll find a partiality blockEd pilot jet or general gunge as it has sat around from time to time without fuel stabiliser in.
Would really like to get my hands on a workshop manual before I start and for the future as she’s definitely a keeper :D

Can’t figure out how to attach a photo either !! Pressed the picture button above and I just get igm in brackets ! Can you insert a photo from an iPad ?

Thanks
Steve

777amia
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: AR Workshop Manual ?

Post by 777amia » 20 May 2021, 14:17

Hi Steve,

If you download Adobe acrobat I can send you a copy or I think there's one on the Facebook crm 250 page.
Regarding running issue, are you running the original front pipe? As I think some aftermarket exhausts can cause the issue you're describing, as mentioned by people on the Facebook page, worth checking the valve is fully closing too, because if it doesn't they don't run right, Chinese pgm don't close valve if you're running one of those.

Flatout
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Flatout » 24 May 2021, 20:51

Sorry 777amia Ive been that engrossed in finding a workshop manual I didn’t see your reply. I should have Adobe on the desktop so if you can that would be awesome as I still can’t find anything for the AR. I’ve joined the Facebook groups so thanks for that tip hopefully some useful knowledge on there.
As for the exhaust it’s a Dep system front and back so I’m guessing that’s not standard. If that is causing the rough ride at low throttle then is there a work round ? Maybe up the pilot jet size ? I’m guessing really carburettor science is not one of my strong points 😂
I did take the carb off and give it a good clean out, although it didn’t solve the problem entirely it does now feel a bit smoother at low constant revs and it also starts easier so even though I didn’t notice anything blocked it’s made a difference.
It’s running a 48s pilot jet and 148 main jet does anyone now if that’s standard ?
Chinese Pgm ? You’ve lost me there are we talking power valve ?
Thanks for your reply appreciate it 👍🏻

Flatout
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Flatout » 21 Jun 2021, 19:19

In case it’s useful for someone in the future the problem with poor lumpy running at low engine load or constant speeds on my 97 AR turned out to be the power valve incorrectly set and opening to early. All correctly set now and honestly it’s made such a huge difference a lot smoother to ride at quarter/ half throttle.
So if your struggling with poor running just keep checking stuff until you find the culprit, it is possible and worth it in the end 😀
Thanks to 777amia for pointing me in the right direction 👍🏻