Newbie in Herfordshire

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
SPECIAL123D
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Newbie in Herfordshire

Post by SPECIAL123D » 14 Oct 2006, 20:29

Hi all
Found this great site a couple of days ago while searching for info on getting a mk3 AR so thought i should say hi.
Thanks to finding this site i think i definately want one now but had not even heard of the CRM until a few days ago.Long story but was talking to a mate (who owns a CRF) about getting a bike along these lines but knew nothing about them as i was always into race rep bikes until i got into mountain biking.I did know that i fancied another 2 stroke though as they bring back so many great memories of my younger days and more recently my RS 250 aprilia. :D

Anyway i just have a few doubts about reliability,spares and petrol & oil consumption so was wondeing without going into too much detail if anybody could put my mind at rest & tell me to just go and buy one. :|

Thanks in advance..........D

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 15 Oct 2006, 18:42

YES yes YES buy one.Like you i've been riding sports bikes but realised they are only good for sunny days and then you spend an hour cleaning it.Plus you are either going to lose your licence or kill yourself.I sold my two year old vtr 1000 firestorm and got an AR model and havent regreted it yet.I show the bike a hose if it's lucky get the wheel up on every road still match R6's 0 to 50mph (plus I dont get sport's bike back ache).I still manage to cruise 85mph on dual carriageways for 30-40miles to basketball games with a full sports bag and still look forward to the journey home.Don't expect the 2 stroke performance you had with your RS but expect half the hassel,servicing,expence.Just out of interest what was the top end on your RS I wanted to turn one into a TRON style streetfighter.

SPECIAL123D
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by SPECIAL123D » 16 Oct 2006, 16:50

That's exactly what i wanted to read thankyou.

Did not know how fast the RS went as only had it a short while before blowing it to pieces and the speedo cable had snapped.But it was the best handling bike i have owned including my ZX7R with re-valved forks and ohlins rear shock.My mate had the same model at the same time but he did not have the top speed mine had because he went up 2 teeth on the rear and i was going to do the same if i had kept it longer so it must have been quick enough.The best bit was outbreaking another mate on his R1 or taking him on the in or outside then being flat out again before he would come back past.Cost me a fortune in petrol though.