Hi, New boy from Berkshire

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
CR Mmmmm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR
Hi, New boy from Berkshire

Post by CR Mmmmm » 18 Feb 2009, 19:23

Hi everyone, I have been trying to join the site for ages, but I,m not too good on the computer. I bought an A.R before christmas and I love it. Got it on a saturday, chucked it down the road on sunday, hit some black ice on a corner, it,s been running a bit sick since, hunting. Changing the subject, I have managed to get an owners manual for the A.R. which I can download if anyone needs it. I hope I can ride out with you guys soon. I live in the centre of the triangle of Swindon, Oxford, and Reading. Cheers for now.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Hi, New boy from Berkshire

Post by fallenmikethebike » 18 Feb 2009, 20:57

:D Hi Crmmm and welcome, I'm in Surrey [mid] so not to far away. I think you are reasonably close to some Byways , where you are, over Swindon way ect, I'm on a AR as well, very well used one though, is mine.
Have you crushed the pipe? when you hit the deck.
Regards Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

CR Mmmmm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CR Mmmmm » 18 Feb 2009, 21:26

Hi Fallenmikethebike, I did,nt dent it, but I did scratch it, only because the shot away from me sliding down the road on the ice. I have fitted the original exhaust and silencer back on the bike, the guy who looks after the bike wants to start with a standard bike and then add bits to improve it. He does,nt like dep pipes, he says they just give the bike a tinny noise. I quite liked it. I do like the bike, I also have a Yamaha serow, but it does,nt make the heart beat as much as the A.R. Cheers. CRMmmmm

CR Mmmmm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CR Mmmmm » 18 Feb 2009, 21:56

l,m trying to download a pic of the bike, this may take a few attempts.

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SkidMark » 19 Feb 2009, 03:49

welcome to the site mate - AR's rock!!! :D
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SkidMark » 19 Feb 2009, 03:59

Also,
your education for all things CRM starts here - you can also pick up a thing or to about computers as well. You are trying to 'upload' a picture of your bike not 'download' it ;) . Download is where you save something from the internet to your computer and upload is when you save something that is on your computer to the internet :) . Do a search for help because a few people have struggled with the picture thing - the answer are out there :!:
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

CR Mmmmm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CR Mmmmm » 19 Feb 2009, 17:48

Hello Skidmark, I can,t upload because there is no drop down thingy to allow me to do it, I need to earn a few brownie points before I,m allowed. Perhaps you could upload your A.R. Did you take your bike to Uganda, or do they have them out there. Regards CR Mmmmm.

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SkidMark » 19 Feb 2009, 18:52

Hey CR Mmmmetc :D
Ahhh so its a privilege thing the upload - didn't know that. I think that anybody can link to a photo posted online though. I have an account with Photobucket. You upload your picys to there then use the img tags to post your photo in a post. Have a look at this post viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3861&p=23047&hilit ... ure#p23047
About my CRM - never officially imported into Uganda (as far as I know they were only officially sold in Japan (and maybe Australia???)). I bought mine of my old boss when he left the country. Still not used to the instant power avaliable - gave it too much throttle the other day just as the front wheel went over a bump and pulled an unintentionally wheelie - nearly right into a wall. :o :lol: As I said before - they rock!!! :D
AR's rock!!!

CR Mmmmm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CR Mmmmm » 22 Feb 2009, 08:50

O.K. I have the the tools to upload the A.R.
2007_11_17_bikepics-1090395-full.jpg

NaBz
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NaBz » 22 Feb 2009, 09:20

nice looking bike you got there!! :)
looks familiar!!

nick
if you aint coming off you aint riding hard enough!

CR Mmmmm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CR Mmmmm » 22 Feb 2009, 09:51

Got it of ebay from a guy in swindon, before that it was up in merseyside. I tried to buy one from a shop in london, it had 260miles on the clock. When they took it in it had 130miles on it. It would have cost me £3000.00 but it was in blue which I think is the best colour. If anyone knows who bought it, they should try and get the guy to join the forum, then we can all :!: drool over it.

jackdim
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jackdim » 22 Feb 2009, 09:56

That is very sexy that AR, have fun on her.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 22 Feb 2009, 12:41

:D I think that was SafeiDs bike, i know he was going to let the AR go in favour of some tango thing.
As far as i know it has no faults, and ran fine on the Swindonian LDT last year, which was it's only outing i think.
Regards Mike

CR Mmmmm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CR Mmmmm » 22 Feb 2009, 13:34

Hi Mike, I think you are right. It is not running O.K. now though, after my excursion down the road. I have fitted a new rear mudguard with an led back light, which has smartened it up nicely. Cheers.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 22 Feb 2009, 17:33

:) As one AR owner to another, you could try , winding in the mixture screw all the way , then back out 1and 1/4 turns , which sounds like it is a bit rich, but, now try and adjust your throttle position screw,you should be able to acheive a steady tickover as opposed to the , pulsing tickover you may be currently experiencing.
It is also a fairly easy task to replace the crankseal , behind the alternator, you can get a double lipped seal from Simply bearings , a viton one for about £8.00.
PS, they also start a lot easier with the above mods.
Regards Mike