Just bought a Honda Crm 250 MK1 :)

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
Graham peck
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK1
Just bought a Honda Crm 250 MK1 :)

Post by Graham peck » 12 Feb 2012, 11:20

Hey, Im 18 and just bought a Crm 250 MK1, this bike used to be one of my brothers friends and then he bought it of him, Sooooo a few years down the line and it leaves me with it now, just started to strip the bike down and give her a real good clean, and service,

I like to think I have a good overall judge on the mechanical side, but If anything goes wrong I have my brother to jump in and help me.

One thing I cant wait is to get the bike through its M.O.T get insured and go out on the bike and show her off!!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Just bought a Honda Crm 250 MK1 :)

Post by fallenmikethebike » 12 Feb 2012, 11:36

:D Hi Graham and welcome, if you're looking for information about MK 1 rebuilds there's a bit of a thread :!: under the title of Knackered Mk1. You may of course not wish for it to be that inclusive, but it's certainly the font of all knowledge as to what can be achieved.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 12 Feb 2012, 11:45

hope all goes well with the rebuild

and as mike says there is an excellent rebuild / refurb of a Mk1 done by the forum god :BB
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

Graham peck
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Graham peck » 12 Feb 2012, 12:08

Thanks, and yeah I had a little look around that area, and no doubt ill be looking in there in a few months. That was one of the things my brother was concerned about is me blowing it up :/ Its going to make a big difference going from a Aprilia rally 50 A/C that did 60mph to the Honda CRM 250 that dose something like 110? not sure about that one yet :) Should be fine as I used to ride motocross on a Suzuki RMZ 250, Just wondering what the power is going to be like on a 2x smoker,

I'm from Hull east Yorkshire, Forgot to add that, Hopefully there will be some decent ride outs this summer, also a friend of mine set a page up on Facebook called "Hull bikers" and a few of my friends are riding a (Yamaha DT 125) (Aprilia MX 125) (Honda CR 125) maybe going into Little Swiss arena to try my hand at forest riding, and hoping to join a group for proper ride outs some time :)

Ill soon get a picture of the bike up when I find out how to do it :)

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 12 Feb 2012, 12:52

Congratulations on getting a Mk1. Regarded as being the least desirable by those who don't know CRMs, but I have two. Cheapest to get spares for but slightly underpowered as original - this is easy to change. Weakest point is the suspension, as with all CRMs, but this can be sorted. They are by some way the most reliable.

Graham peck
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Graham peck » 12 Feb 2012, 13:06

Cheers, and with it being underpowered as original, what are the few easy steps on getting the power up a little?? and with the suspension, I feel asif the front is really bouncy :/ My brother said it can be sorted, I think the suspension is all about air if that is correct, and it needs some putting in ?

Good point on the most reliable! :)

Thanks

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 12 Feb 2012, 13:57

Graham peck
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Graham peck » 12 Feb 2012, 14:12

Thanks will have a read through now :)

Rustyone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Rustyone » 12 Feb 2012, 16:36

Hi Graham, i have a mk1 wots up for sale as i got a new project to do, i took my mk1 out yesterday and the grin factor was brill,(not been on it for a while) i like the old school looks of the mark 1 so i think i might keep it and sell my project when its got a mot, good luck with the rebuild, Rusty.

Graham peck
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Graham peck » 12 Feb 2012, 17:14

Hello Rusty, keep the CRM! and yeah I cant wait to get out on the bike and have a big smile on my face! rushing to get it finished,

All I need now is..... Coolant for the radiator, 2x oil, clutch cover gasket , then send in for the M.O.T! then get my insurance :) then ill be out! :)