UK Midlands - Hi

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
UKAF
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
UK Midlands - Hi

Post by UKAF » 12 Dec 2012, 11:38

Just saying hello.

I've been looking at information on the 1989 CRM250 and found the forum so here I am.

Not sure if I'll be buying a bike yet, still lots of things to look at.

I've got some technical knowledge (electrical in particular) so if I see anything I can help with I'll chip in.

Cheers,

Clive.

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
Re: UK Midlands - Hi

Post by jompy » 12 Dec 2012, 20:04

welcome clive

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3
Re: UK Midlands - Hi

Post by fishtail » 13 Dec 2012, 03:41

hi CLive

I'm also from the midlands originally ( notts )

electrical knowledge sounds handy! :P

actually i'm thinkin about adding a small battery so I can add this cheap digital speedo..

need to charge it up whilst on the run.... else it loses its settings...
kernow crusty wrote: yours needs a constant back up supply to remember its settings--- Id suggest a Cyclon battery cell. These are dry cells but more importantly, they are not fussy about how they are charged. Will sit for months without charge, then not worry about having 14v poked up it when you fire the CRM up. Not sure why you need a diode, unless you are concerned about the battery feeding back into the whole system when the bike is not running and going flat quickly...this is possible. A 1n4010 series diode is fine....they come as volts rated and current rated. Get one rated up to 100v and Id say a 10amp current rating. Should cost about 50p, max.

Regards kc
not sure which way/where to put the diodes.. on the "+" or "-" ve wire going to the battery? or both :shock: - I will probably take the power from the speedo console lamp feed?

sorry for the pop quiz :D

if you are buying make sure your front sprocket hasnt been welded on.. mine was :( .. and take a good look at a nice CRM ( like Knackered's or Helisup )
so you can see if they did anything else daft..

cheers!
mart
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong