Hi from SW France

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Hi from SW France

Post by fallenmikethebike » 05 Jan 2013, 09:38

Sam wrote:Hi jompy!

Fallenmikethebike: Its funny, but in France, the UK economy is held up as being the reason Europe are in the doodoo and is portrayed as being the poor man of europe. My experience here is that things are just as bad but with a government led by a loon. He has just proposed a 75% tax rate on anyone earning over a million. I dont want to get into a debate about the rights/wrongs of tax rates but that strikes me a too much and will drive more people out (probably to the UK!).

I run a few gites and my wife teaches english over the internet. Things have slowed a little but we have maintained our prices at 2007 levels so we have enough trade to pay for petrol and tyres! Just can no longer afford food! Oh well, the pigs are due to be slaughtered in a few weeks so bacon all round!

Plenty of suggestions for the GPS so when I have a few minutes I will investigate further.

Hoping for a bit of sunshine this weekend. Would be nice to get out again........

Laters
All true, but we do have a wealth of " off road" routes to ride :lol: , er, oh no hang on,we haven't got a pot too pi$$ on that front either :cry: oh well, at least the rains abated to heavy drizzle. :roll: That's almost like summer.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!