First time 2 stroke owner!

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
kingoftheswing
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
First time 2 stroke owner!

Post by kingoftheswing » 22 Sep 2013, 22:21

Hi guy's,

I have recently swapped my Bandit 600 for a CRM250 with one of your members, Clint.

I am probably going to be frequenting this forum for help with everything to do with 2 strokes as I have no previous experience with the at all.

I am looking for some supermoto wheels for the bike that I will be able to easily interchange with the standard off road wheels. I am going to be using the bike for a 3 mile commute to work every day so want road tyres for that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Happy trails!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: First time 2 stroke owner!

Post by fallenmikethebike » 23 Sep 2013, 18:56

Hi welcome. Yes, I'm sure you'll e have questions, ;) though most will probably have been covered previously, so it's worth having a look in the search area first, it's then easier to get to the nub of the problem having first ruled out the bleeding obvious[ for us] before hand.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

longmoreuk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk 3

Post by longmoreuk » 23 Sep 2013, 21:09

Where you planning to take it off-road?

kingoftheswing
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kingoftheswing » 24 Sep 2013, 01:19

I don't know where I'm planning to take it. I live in Wolverhampton and there aren't really many lanes that I can find. Going to my local TRF meet tomorrow though so I will find out what I can there.

Any suggestions?

longmoreuk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by longmoreuk » 24 Sep 2013, 13:46

Where is your local TRF meet?

I don't live far from you and couldn't find an active trf group locally - be good to hear how you get on.

I bought a crm on impulse and have hardly used it due to the lack of places to take it locally.

In fact I am now on the lookout for a trailer, have bike, will travel, and all that.

kingoftheswing
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kingoftheswing » 24 Sep 2013, 22:07

Hey, where do you live?

There is a local TRF group however I have tried to contact them, to no avail!

I have spoken with a guy who is on the trf.org.uk forum today though. He has told me that he is waiting for the ground to get a bit more muddy then will be buying himself a new bike.

He said that, he would also send me some information on some local lane's, as well as this I have also been using trailwise to find a few around Bridgenorth. I am going to head there this weekend and see what I can dig up. If you are close enough then I would be very happy for the company.

I can't afford to get myself transport for the bike unfortunately, I am looking to plan a ride to Wales though. I currently have nothing sorted yet, however, I am looking for a route that would use the smallest amount of tarmac there and back. I would like it if I could organise it over a long weekend, take a tent and camp out.

kingoftheswing
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kingoftheswing » 24 Sep 2013, 22:14

My local TRF meet would have been in Cannock, when I phoned to confirm it was on and was told that "organisation is shambles".

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 24 Sep 2013, 22:53

Go into the main TRF board, and post up a question there,I'm sure you will have some one near you.
Have a look at O/S maps on line to see how much rights of way there is in your area.
Mike

longmoreuk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by longmoreuk » 24 Sep 2013, 23:20

Well you spoke to someone which was further than I managed.

I can't join you unfortunately as the Crm no longer has a valid mot. Need to get it sorted but as I haven't been using it, hasn't been an issue, was intending not to mot it and just do some enduro practice days when I get trailer sorted. Will get an mot now though as your local and will know a few lanes, would be happy to tag along!

kingoftheswing
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kingoftheswing » 25 Sep 2013, 18:56

I have bought a couple of local OS map's so I'm going to mark some routes using trailwise.

I will keep you all updated on how thing's are going.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 25 Sep 2013, 20:39

Check with your County Councils "Rights of Way" department. Quite often they will have a download document that includes a list of current TRO's but also those lanes you can use, you can then use a highlighter pen for all legal routes, but leave unusable lanes blank.
Mike

kingoftheswing
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kingoftheswing » 26 Sep 2013, 19:29

Thanks, I will be sure to check that out. Definitely don't want to be getting myself any more points on my license!

kingoftheswing
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kingoftheswing » 26 Sep 2013, 19:33

I have checked all of the current TRO's for South Staffordshire on their website and it appears that there are none that state that a road is closed.

I would presume that means that I can use any public right of way as illustrated on a OS map? There aren't many, however I can make a nice circuit of the one's that do exist.

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 07 Oct 2013, 16:18

howdo and welcome
If after some wheels, i do have a spare pair of mito wheels.
they come with some spacers which may need some minor fettling to fit perfectly.
£100 and i am in chester.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 07 Oct 2013, 18:30

kingoftheswing wrote:I have checked all of the current TRO's for South Staffordshire on their website and it appears that there are none that state that a road is closed.

I would presume that means that I can use any public right of way as illustrated on a OS map? There aren't many, however I can make a nice circuit of the one's that do exist.
Correct, there should be a valid TRO sign, or a proper symbol as found in the highway code book that indicates vehicles are prohibited.
Mike