New but old

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
wayward
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM250AR
New but old

Post by wayward » 29 Oct 2013, 18:27

Hi all

I have a 97 AR model. I got it in 2010 and its been laid up since 2011. I plan to get it out and try and get it running again. They are a brill bike hence why i kept it

Last time it ran it was either good low down, running rough as it built up. a different grade plug made it good up top with low speed mis fireing. Thinking of looking at the carb and jetting if anybody knows where i can get spares I would appreciate the info.

any advice to start welcome.

Cheers guys, catch you all after tea. (Glyn Merseyside)

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: New but old

Post by twistednuts » 29 Oct 2013, 19:17

Hiya Glyn, hope you enjoyed your tea.

A long journey starts with a single footstep.

What exhaust do you have on? Might need carb fettling a bit.

Leisuretrail is where its at. Slightly on the expensive side but they have lots of stock, quick delivery and the stuff is always right

wayward
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by wayward » 29 Oct 2013, 21:11

Thanks for the reply TN..

I realise it may be a long journey... I will collect the bike from my friends lock up next week (been using my xtz750 for work so thats going in the AR's place) I will confirm the exhaust and take a few pic's. From memory I think its a chrome DEP and as far as I recall the rest is pretty standard. I will run the bike and post exactly where the problem lies revs etc, and list what plugs I have in. I will take the carb off and see what's in there... and hopefully get a new match to see how I get on. I did speak to LT today about repaiing the bike for me, They are a little busy so thought I would tackle the job my self first. Love this site with the sharing of knowledge.

wayward
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by wayward » 11 Nov 2013, 17:19

Just an update. I got the bike running after cleaning the carb (New Jets) and a bit of plug swapping. The exhaust is a RSV (whole system) so I put standard jets in which matched what was already in there. If anybody knows they should be different then please let me know. Also I am looking to get the front indicators as normal (Not day riding lights)... will look here and if anybody has ideas or instructions on fixing then I would be grateful again.

Cheers guys