Hello (from Australia)

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
KICKER
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Hello (from Australia)

Post by KICKER » 23 Dec 2013, 11:24

Hi everyone! Bought a CRM250AR the other day as a little project and this site has already been an invaluable resource (the service manual is always the first thing I find for a bike).

Anyway, some other bikes I have is a CBR250RR MC22, NSR250 MC16, NSR250 MC18, CR125 and a CRF450. And now a CRM250AR. Unfortunately the CR125 has a blown crank, the MC18 is being overhauled, and the CRF has a leaky water pump so only the MC22 is used often.

A bit about the CRM I picked up. It's in fair condition engine-wise, and this rest isn't too bad (except for the rear fender which is a hack job). I haven't had a good look, but the previous owner disabled the oil injection and it's missing the oil reservoir. It's also missing the rear tail lights and indicators (Seems to be missing the rear brake switch too). And it also needs new bearings in the linkage but other than that, it should be ready to ride. Hopefully I can turn it into a supermoto later down the track with a set of MC22 rims, but we'll see.

Cheers!

mekros
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Re: Hello (from Australia)

Post by mekros » 23 Dec 2013, 17:05

Welcome,

So what condition are your NSRs in?

I'm in the same boat with my CRM, I just bought it and in a few months time when I get some time I plan to get it road ready and then do some trail riding/motarding.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 23 Dec 2013, 22:04

Hi, welcome to the site.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

KICKER
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by KICKER » 23 Dec 2013, 23:41

[quote="mekros"]Welcome,

So what condition are your NSRs in?

I'm in the same boat with my CRM, I just bought it and in a few months time when I get some time I plan to get it road ready and then do some trail riding/motarding.[/quote]

The MC16 I'm not 100% sure. It probably starts, and I say probably because the engine is complete and looks like it would run. The reality is it came with the MC18 and has just been sitting in my garage. When I get some time I'll give it look. The MC18 is getting some work done, but again, I never started it. I have taken it apart to inspect it. These bikes sat under someones house for about 10 years, so they're extremely dirty/dusty/grimy. The MC18 was fitted with an MC28/MC21 late model dry clutch engine though, as well as 3 spare engines. The MC18 was set up as a race bike so like the CRM, it's missing a lot of little things to get it road legal. Which is why I'm heading down the custom route with it (I plan to use an RS125 tail with a Tyga Performance front end as the body work, waiting on them to produce new pipes). The body work on both bikes is pretty much done with. I picked up both bikes as well as all the spares (3 engines, and a set of carbs amongst other things) for $2000 AUD. Considering the price of that dry clutch engine alone is $1000-1500 it was a pretty good deal to me.

mekros
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mekros » 25 Dec 2013, 08:59

Nice, I had a sweet collection of mc21s but now down to a 28 that I'll get road registered one day.

I don't know the 18s well enough, I thought the SP came with a dry clutch.