CRM's

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
nick1972
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
CRM's

Post by nick1972 » 18 Mar 2014, 17:33

Hi to all,
New on here, and have just bought a CRM250 mk2. It's a bit sorry looking, but it's all consumable items that make it look bad.
What i am really after is an original speedo unit with the warning light and mounting bracket. A standard headlight and cowling would be good too, but not essential. If anyone on here has these parts, please contact me.
I also have a super rare(in the U.K.) CRM80R. It's mint for the year and is ready for registration, which i will get round to eventually.
I will try to post some pics if i can. I have had many green laners in my time. Various XR's, a WR200, and KDX250SR, a few DT125Rs. Never a CRM though, and felt i was missing out. Not much work to do on it really, but i could do with a speedo/instruments to save using aftermarket stuff and cutting the loom.
I live in the Surrey area and would be well happy if someone on here has the bits i need.
Cheers
Nick.R.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: CRM's

Post by fallenmikethebike » 18 Mar 2014, 22:08

Hello neighbour.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

nick1972
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by nick1972 » 20 Mar 2014, 17:13

Hi Mike,
A fellow Surrey dweller! Where in Surrey are you from? I live in Woking and i suppose we are quite lucky round these parts for green lanes compared to other parts of the country. Do you get out on the lanes much? I'm usually out and about over Leith Hill and Ranmore Common/Shere area.
Hindhead is good too, but the ramblers are miserable sods there and always seem to think that you are not allowed there. We have rights to less than 2% of the lanes, but they don't even want us to have that. They get the lanes closed to vehicles and then don't even use them. What's that all about??
Would like to post some pics of my bikes on here, but not sure how to do it.
Any tips?
Maybe we could do a bit of green laning if you are up for it. It'll have to be on my XR250, as the CRM needs some love and money. Piling up the parts though, so shouldn't be long now. If only i could get a speedo unit for it. An original speedo unit and wiring is proving hard to find, so anyone on here that has one to sell would make me a happy dude.
Cheers
Nick

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 20 Mar 2014, 22:51

Hi Nick, yes I'm just down the road at Adlestone.I get out and about all over Surrey and Hampshire.
I won't be out for a couple of weeks as the missus is dragging me of to the sunshine of Jordan 8-]] .
I might be on my other bike as well, TTR600RE.
When I'm back we'll arrange an outing.
Don't get me started on Rambliars.
There's also another really worrying bit of legislation passing through the houses at the moment, it's called the deregulation bill, which in and of itself is a good bit legislation, but the anti's in GL£AM, and the CLA have managed to get some rather nasty bits bolted on to it like they did with NERC clause 6. This time it's clause 13 that's worrying, with them now after most of the bit's they missed out under NERC.We are more proactive this time around with their antics so the fight back starts shortly.
Mike

nick1972
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by nick1972 » 21 Mar 2014, 18:01

Yep, them ramblers are a frustrating bunch!! I could rant about them all day.
I just wave and smile as i go by. At least i am enjoying myself, as they never seem like they really are. I think most of them are just going through the motions. Not many smiles amongst any of the groups i see.
Even when i am not on the bike they look miserable. I find it all very strange compared to other countries and the way they look at off roading.
I need to join the TRF just to support them and our cause, but i don't tend to ride in groups and usually go out alone or with one other. It seems to have less impact on people that way and i can go when and where i like.
I lived in Douglas Road in Addlestone for about 4 years. I rented a flat overlooking Victory Park..It was £800 a month and fookin' freezing in the winter! Scallyville!!
I also had a TT600. Mine was a 1985 one though. It was great condition and i spent a fortune on it. 5th gear wheelies with a crack of the throttle and a gentle tug on the bars!!Great bike, but because the bottom part of the frame was a bolt in cradle, it used to feel like it had a hinge in the middle when off roading. With them spindly forks flapping about it was like rodeo ride most of the time, but always kept the adrenalin levels up! Wish i never sold it but it's gone now(weep). I'll have to donate to this site so i can get some pics on here. I've had some good trail bikes over years. I always seem to buy the unusual stuff and then have hassles getting parts for them, but that's half the fun of it..bringing old, unloved bikes back from the dead!!
If you like your CRMs, you'll love my CRM80R. It's in fantastic condition and a shame it's sitting in my spare room really. It's too nice to use and i only paid £200 for it from some guy in Aldershot.
Anyway, probably boring you to death by now so have a nice time in Jordan, and don't let the missus spend all your motorbike money!! Let me know if you fancy a green lane session when you get back...if the missus lets you out, eh??!!
Nick

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 21 Mar 2014, 19:51

Hi Nick, I've just PM'd you.
Mike

nick1972
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by nick1972 » 02 Apr 2014, 22:33

Cheers for the PM, Mike.
Had a bit of a shite couple of weeks, so not really been on here, but have PM'd you back now. Got to get out for that ride at some point this month if you're still up for it. As for the rest of you forum dwellers, has anyone found me a speedo unit yet? Proving difficult to find scouring the usual sources of ebay and breakers..someone must have one, so pull yer fingers out and get in your sheds and garages and have a look for me..i'll love you forever if you find one. Might even give you some money too!!!
Cheers
Nick.R.