If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
fidjus
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by fidjus » 12 Jul 2014, 21:49

hi every body just joined bought a mk2 a few months back bike runs great starts firts or second kick its got a oil weep on the front drive sprocket shaft so where i can get a oil seal from would be a great help more worrying though droped the gear box oil and found what looks to be fine alloy fillings any ideas :o

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: new member

Post by fallenmikethebike » 13 Jul 2014, 13:22

Hi welcome, Leisure Trail will do you a seal. Fine shavings might be of the clutch hub, but do you know how old the oil is?
If not change it and monitor, noting the mileage, and type of riding you've been doing.
From memory, that seal is on the outside, behind the sprocket, but others will correct that if incorrect, and if that is the case that's a whole world of difference.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

fidjus
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: new member

Post by fidjus » 13 Jul 2014, 19:29

hi thanx for the seal info ill give them a ring the bike belonged to a chap whoed had it a bout five years and he said he changed the gear box oil every 1000miles the type of rideing ive been doing is mostly road so its proberly haveing a much harder life so as you say could be the clutch hub ill keep my eye on it and see what happens i might do a rebuild over the winter any how cheers phil