Hi from South Africa

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
benhur
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Hi from South Africa

Post by benhur » 21 Jul 2014, 02:16

Hi my name is Bennie and I live in Pretoria South Africa

I bought my CRM 250 MII about 2 years ago and only drive it on and off on weekends with my sons in a rural area not to far from where we live. My oldest is 10 and rides a Suzuki JR 80 and my youngest is 8 and rides a Yamaha PW 80

As far a my bike is concerned I have not spent much on the bike. It starts easy and runs well enough for my purpose. I picked it up for cheap (ZAR 6000 which is $560/£330), as she had the balancing shaft "death rattle" and the previous owner thought it was a fatal flaw.

I have considered disconnecting it as lately it is getting worse and irritating.

My biggest problem with this bike is that I can find any local support as Honda SA does not even list the model. These bikes were all "Grey Imports". The guy at the local dealer says he can order parts from Japan but need me to supply the part no's.

I hope I will be able to get help here ;)

SACRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 3xmk2 2xAR
Re: Hi from South Africa

Post by SACRM » 29 Oct 2014, 19:18

Hi Bennie,

The name's Jules and I live in three rivers V Town. What can I help with? I have 3 mk2's and 2 AR's. I also have a genuine parts book on the Mk2 listing all part numbers with exploded diagrams.

Although some parts have been discontinued by Honda for the CRM, generally, Honda SA will be able to bring in any part on back order from Japan if you furnish the exact part number.

Let me know part you're looking for and I'll pop you the part number.

Cheers boet!

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992
Re: Hi from South Africa

Post by pudzie83 » 29 Oct 2014, 20:34

if you only use yours off road try disconnecting it you might just like it ;)
VIVA LA CRM!