If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
carblue9
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by carblue9 » 13 Oct 2014, 12:44

Hi all,
I am new to the forum although I have owned a 99model AR in the past, I am currently rebuilding a 98 AR from scratch which isn't easy these days due to parts availability or should I say the lack of availabiliy and the cost of any NOS parts which are still available, however, as they say I have started so I'll finish. Normally I like to restore my bikes to be in an authentic and original condition but with the lack of certain parts being available I am building this bike with a few subtle changes which will hopefully gives it a bit more of an up to date look, (hopefully).
I also have a 97 model AR which is totally original, when I say original I mean original, even the tyres, brakes, everything is as it was when purchased new from East Coast Containers (Norwich) in 1997 and no parts/components/fixings have ever been undone or removed etc, the bike has covered approximately 1200mls on the road from new and never been confronted with anything worse than a dirty puddle maybe once in its 17years!
I was lucky enough to purchase the bike from the original and only owner who had kept it well stored during his ownership, I even have the original sales invoice for the bike (£4500.00 in 97) and what appears to be some kind of approval certificate or build sheet maybe specific to the bike but its all in Japanese so I've no idea what it is really, but I know it belongs to this bike with the corresponding frame and engine numbers, both original keys, unused toolkit, etc. etc.
In my opinion it's as close as you could get to owning a brand new and unused CRM 250AR today

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: New member

Post by gregorious77 » 13 Oct 2014, 19:45

Welcome.
You will like helisupp's collection I am sure.

carblue9
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by carblue9 » 13 Oct 2014, 21:11

I'm sure I would, the fact is, anything with an engine gets my vote!

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by gregorious77 » 14 Oct 2014, 13:01