Kia Ora from NZ

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
harveykrumpet
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Kia Ora from NZ

Post by harveykrumpet » 11 Jun 2015, 00:46

Hi all,
After a 9 month world cruise I recently managed to get a 93 MKII into me shed. Happy days..

My aim is to get the bike registered on the road down here, it was registered in the UK, so I just need to give it a wee tidy up in case I get a jobs worth at the testing station. Otherwise it is in very good condition.
Apart from boyesen reeds and port matching the bike is pretty standard, still on original exhaust with just under 20'000 km's on the clock. New rings, seals etc done about 1000km's ago. Previous owner has had it for 17 years and I trust him, he's my dad.

Any hoo, couple of quick questions. The bike would not idle when I finally got it started, ran ok, fluffy off the bottom and slowly died when it was warm. Checked the pilot jet and the head had been chewed up in a past life so replaced it with a 45, struggling to get a 48 at short notice. The bike idles happily now but seems to hunt, revs rise and fall. Nice and crisp off the bottom, too. Is it ok to run a 45 until I get the standard size jet? I'm assuming the main jet is standard.

My next question. Has anybody managed to get a Certificate of Compliance? I may need one to get it registered down here.

Cheers all.

English Electric
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk 2 with AR en
Re: Kia Ora from NZ

Post by English Electric » 12 Jun 2015, 23:32

Kia ora and welcome.

Where abouts in NZ are you from?

Cheers.

Paul.

harveykrumpet
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by harveykrumpet » 13 Jun 2015, 11:09

Oh hello. Thank you for the welcome and reply.
I'm an expat living in the Bay of Islands, Northland, for the past 20 odd years.

The whole point of shipping the bike down here was so that my father could ride it when he visited for 3 months from last December. The logistics company he used managed to turn the export into a farce. As mentioned it took 9 months & the bike finally turned up, much to my amazement, on a small pallet dressed in bubble wrap & cling film. Pater was long gone, had to ride the girlfriends Lanza while here instead. But that is another story.
Somehow or other the keys had vanished, don't talk to me about fossilised Honda loctite on ignition barrel bolts. Grrrrr! And the FMF spannie had gone AWOL.

Anyhoo, onwards & upwards. Will get my hands on the correct pilot jet and order another Gnarly pipe, only to be used at Christmas, Birthday's and Royal Weddings. I'm not a hoon.. ;)
No doubt more questions, queries and updates to come.

Mark O.

harveykrumpet
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by harveykrumpet » 04 Aug 2015, 23:39

Ahhhhhhhh, happy days. Finally managed to get the CRM out on the road on Sunday, disguised as a Gasgas... A bit naughty i know, using the plate and rego from one of my other bikes. I paid for it and i can only ride one bike at a time so why not..... officer? :o
Any hoo. We rode 150km's of twisty tar seal and gravel, the bike was faultless. Started first kick and idled like a metronome. Good power and throttle response right through the rev range. Bit rattly and grumbly at medium revs on a neutral throttle but throttle response is instantaneous, no bogging, so I guess that is the nature of the beast. Moto X tires on wet and dry tar are just as bad as I remember. Thank goodness for big feet and long legs. Very anti social on gravel in Roostafarian mode, too. Heh.
I'm over the moon that the demons of it's epic journey have been exorcised. Next task is to tidy it up for the bureaucratic process of getting it road legal here, decent dual purpose tires, a freshen up of the shock and an FMF gnarly pipe.
Going to be a pungent summer! :D