hi from north wales

If a new member, introduce yourselves here, maybe even a pic of your bike.
TomWales
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
hi from north wales

Post by TomWales » 29 Oct 2015, 20:32

Hi

I have just bought a mk1 crm250, its an import from Japan and never been registered in the uk. Its going to be a long term project but I'm hopefully going to restore it, register it on road and do some green laining with it! I'm a complete novice with these kind of things so that's the reason its going to be 'Long Term'. Here are some photos.

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: hi from north wales

Post by Eddie Evans » 29 Oct 2015, 21:11

Hi, do yourself a favor and check out registering the bike before you spend too much money on it.
Good luck

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by jompy » 29 Oct 2015, 21:37

Welcome in Tom
Good luck with your mk1 .

dazzar250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by dazzar250 » 30 Oct 2015, 10:29

Welcome and have fun on the project.

griff76
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by griff76 » 30 Oct 2015, 16:26

Hi Tom.

I'm from Rhos-on-Sea, I've got a MK2 that I'm getting ready for some road/off roading. Good luck with your restoration.

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by jompy » 30 Oct 2015, 20:09

griff76 wrote:Hi Tom.

I'm from Rhos-on-Sea, I've got a MK2 that I'm getting ready for some road/off roading. Good luck with your restoration.
Ha Ha Ha my nutty Ex wife was living in conwy when i met her and am still really good mates with one of her mates ex husbands , he lives in Rhos & works as a lecturer in the collage

TomWales
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by TomWales » 31 Oct 2015, 19:03

From what I believe it shouldn't be too much trouble registering it as long as I can prove its year and model, I have written to Honda uk and they are going to confirm for me. Never done this Before so may have a few problems on the way but we will see!

Griff - I'm from glan Conwy, I have been told there is loads of green lanes around here but not much info on the internet! Hopefully in summer Il be out trying to find some!

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by Eddie Evans » 02 Nov 2015, 15:00

Hi Tom,
my concern is that the bike may have been registered before and the potential problems that can cause.
Good Luck

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 06 Nov 2015, 20:48

welcome fella.
another from northwales and just moved back here too from Cheshire
Now living in Mold

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by admin » 06 Nov 2015, 20:54

Tom i am registering a couple of CR250's at the moment so am quite versed with this

1 - Get a NOVA number, you need to register in the HMRC website, enter the bikes details and if there is any duty owing, pay it then the chassis is registered with a NOVA number - needed before step 5
2 - Get an MOT
3 - Get a dating certificate - paul from the aircooled yamaha club can sort that for £30 and you will have it in a week
4 - insure it on the chassis number for 30 days (carole nash is good for this and the 30 day thing)
5 - Fill in a V55/5 form, a cheque for £55 and then the road tax too £38 and wait for the reg number to be issued.

ok its a bit more effort than that, but its not so bad, the NOVA number if the killer, until you get one you are stuck.
mail me for more details if you like - i have a couple of build threads on the PB forum

TomWales
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by TomWales » 06 Nov 2015, 23:55

admin wrote:Tom i am registering a couple of CR250's at the moment so am quite versed with this

1 - Get a NOVA number, you need to register in the HMRC website, enter the bikes details and if there is any duty owing, pay it then the chassis is registered with a NOVA number - needed before step 5
2 - Get an MOT
3 - Get a dating certificate - paul from the aircooled yamaha club can sort that for £30 and you will have it in a week
4 - insure it on the chassis number for 30 days (carole nash is good for this and the 30 day thing)
5 - Fill in a V55/5 form, a cheque for £55 and then the road tax too £38 and wait for the reg number to be issued.

ok its a bit more effort than that, but its not so bad, the NOVA number if the killer, until you get one you are stuck.
mail me for more details if you like - i have a couple of build threads on the PB forum
Ah good could do with a bit help!

A few questions....

As I didn't Import it my self and the seller I bought it off didn't have any information or documents about it being imported what shall I say to hmrc?

I have been told that the CRM was sold off road in the uk? and because It was sold in the uk it is classed as a uk model, and therefore I could just register it with the dvla with a mot and insurance documents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by admin » 07 Nov 2015, 09:12

the dealer "should" have decclared it when it came in, and paid any duty owing. however you wont know until you apply for a NOVA number
The thing is with HMRC it's all online and almost anonymous, no point calling the people that answer the phone are little assistance
go here
https://www.gov.uk/nova-log-in
and create an account, once created they will mail you with a long number which is your ID

The CRM was never officially brought into the UK they are ALL grey imports. who ever told you that is bullshitting - possibly because they are clueless or just trying to sell the bike. who ever told you that ? was it swiss toni ?

TomWales
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by TomWales » 07 Nov 2015, 17:56

admin wrote:the dealer "should" have decclared it when it came in, and paid any duty owing. however you wont know until you apply for a NOVA number
The thing is with HMRC it's all online and almost anonymous, no point calling the people that answer the phone are little assistance
go here
https://www.gov.uk/nova-log-in
and create an account, once created they will mail you with a long number which is your ID

The CRM was never officially brought into the UK they are ALL grey imports. who ever told you that is bullshitting - possibly because they are clueless or just trying to sell the bike. who ever told you that ? was it swiss toni ?
Thanks for that information! I have looked at the website and stared filling the forms in

a few questions I'm not sure about tho!

As I am not Vat registered I cannot register vehicles from outside the eu with that service? So I went ahead with vehicles from the eu.

but in this sections there are a few sections that I cannot complete as I don't have any information about the bike?

Such as:

Please enter the details of the supplier below,

Is the supplier a business or private individual?*
Address line 1:*
Address line 2:*
Postcode:
Is the supplier VAT registered?*

..... Who is the supplier? Is that the guy I bought the bike off? I have a receipt with his address and details on but he live in the uk?

Also, I just choose a random country on the the list to take me forward as far as I could, it also askes for when it arrived in the uk?

Wow its not the most straight forward of things is it!

In theory, if I some how "found" a receipt from the previous owner answering all the questions needed, would the hrmc check on the other end (abroad eu country) if I paid all the taxes owed?

Thank you in advance!

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by admin » 08 Nov 2015, 18:00

take a peek here
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic ... c&start=46

supplier is you

private individual

no need for reciept or any of that stuff, its all quite easy once you work out the arse about way of the website and way it works.

TomWales
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by TomWales » 24 Nov 2015, 20:31

Great got on very well (after I figured out the right way round) thank you!

Getting on well with the bike, all stripped and started cleaning and replacing some parts. Going to try and get it road ready in the next few weeks and get it all registered. Once its all registered Il take it apart again and hopefully start getting it powder coated and get some fancy bits for it.