AR hunting on idle

Only Site supporters can create new posts in this section. A section to display all your bikes, and biking history. Feel free to share your history here and picture whoring. This section is not 56K friendly, let alone 2mb broadband friendly either.
Joeblow
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
AR hunting on idle

Post by Joeblow » 14 Oct 2018, 13:45

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and it's my first post, I'm after a diagram of the vacuum piping from the switches to the carb. The bike has been laid up for many years, I've just got it running and it hunts on idle, after a quick look I can't find any air leaks, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: AR hunting on idle

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Oct 2018, 16:14

Hi, from memory, there's an adjuster on the top of the carb, which I think is a left hand knurled screw.
T.B.H. though, they nearly all seem to hunt to a greater or lessor degree.
Can you hear the the switches open and shutting? theye are just a simple simple ball bearing that seals over the tube.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Gammakeith
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Re: AR hunting on idle

Post by Gammakeith » 18 Oct 2018, 12:39

Mine certainly hunted quite badly at idle (though never stalled) and I had ruled out vacuum leaks and other common faults. Its all in bits now and it will be interesting to see if I can find anything wrong when I strip/rebuild carb etc. The fact its hunting suggests that the vacuum operated gubbins are doing something though perhaps too much stickness in linkages etc may be causing over compensation and consequent hunting? I'm still not 100% sure what the ECU operated bits on the carb actually do but its on my list to investigate :-)

Keith