A few questions...

Only Site supporters can create new posts in this section. A section to display all your bikes, and biking history. Feel free to share your history here and picture whoring. This section is not 56K friendly, let alone 2mb broadband friendly either.
Hedgehog33
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2 1992
A few questions...

Post by Hedgehog33 » 05 Jun 2016, 11:01

Hi all,

I've made a little on the rebuild of my Mk2 but have found a few problems you guys might be able to help me with:
1. The boot between the carb and the reeds is split, I have found one in reasonable nick off an AR with power reeds and reed cage included, but I think it might be very slightly different in its design, particularly the shape of the bumps on either side of the airway. Anyone know for sure?
2. The previous owner decided to go premix, and I cannot seem to find anywhere how the oil pump should be driven. I think there should be an idler gear between the pump and the crank, but plastic, but they're both missing...

Of course in the time it takes to walk from the shed to the house (a minute) I have forgotten the other questions I had.

I got the conrod I ordered from china yesterday, it has rather exceeded my expectations for quality, I think it might actually work. I had a good look around but it was the only one I could get to New Zealand for a reasonable price...

Thanks a lot.

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: A few questions...

Post by gregorious77 » 06 Jun 2016, 19:31

pretty sure an AR reedcage will be different but Ill let others correct me if I am wrong.
Yes pump should have gears inside the case to drive it off of the crank.

Let us know how the crank works because I have a spare engine with shot big end!!