My bike History so far.....

Only Site supporters can create new posts in this section. A section to display all your bikes, and biking history. Feel free to share your history here and picture whoring. This section is not 56K friendly, let alone 2mb broadband friendly either.
delvey91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
My bike History so far.....

Post by delvey91 » 04 Nov 2009, 22:08

Well took my CBT back in July 07 just after my 16th birthday.

This was my first bike. A Yamaha Jog Liquid cooled, Did me very well in the 10,000 miles and 7 months i rode it. Only ever used to top up the oil every 500 miles or so. Reliable as you like.

Then after this I moved onto a 07 CPI Supermoto. All looked good at first, Low miles example with FSH. Well within the first week the throttle cable snapped, Shortly after this the clutch cable went aswell. Being made in Taiwan it was a heap of rubbish. It then went on well for a few months before all ending in style. Was riding along at about 40 went to change into 5th and the was an almighty racket. The gear lever return spring had snapped and mashed all the gears. Got a new engine fitted under warranty, Ran that one in for 600 miles. Come 1200 miles the crank bearings collapsed sending them all way and smashed the piston and bore to pieces. I then sold it as a non runner for 400.

Soon after this i was 17 anyway and moved onto a Honda CBR125. This caused me no hassle at all. Was sold 1 month later as i had passed my test 1st time at the cost of 100 quid :). Didnt bother with any of these 4 day course malarky costing upwards of 500 big ones. Just booked theory/passed, booked pratical for a week later and passed with 2 minors, must be a natural ehh? haha

So then came the big desicion, I had my full licence! What should i buy?? Well being 17 and with a bit of money at hand i opted to buy brand new. Went into the local dealer handed over 3200 and rode away on a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 250R. Was absoulutey brilliant. Rode that one to college all though the winter of 08/09 and up to July this year. Did a trackday on it aswell. It covered 12,000 miles without any major problems. The CDI box did go twice due to water ingress but was replaced under warranty no problem.

Anyway after just over a year of riding the 250 i had become bored, So was on the lookout for a cheap 600cc. Found a cheap ZX6R locally and bought that one in July. This was also an absoulutely brilliant bike that i couldnt fault in any way at all. I only sold it as the insurance was costing an arm and a leg!

So then started the trawling of Ebay/Biketrader/Pistonheads for a new bike. My dad had recently bought a Yamaha DTX125 SM that was a very nice bike to ride! The only thing it was lacking even with a full exhaust system was Power! So started looking for the more powerful alternatives and came across the CRM. Looked like the ideal bike. Luckily looked on ebay and there was the ideal CRM SM on there. Im not usually this lucky i thought haha. So contacted the guy and organised to see it. It was a bit of a trek away mind. A 520 mile round trip from devon up to cambridge! But wnet to see it all was good so bought it there and then. Went back in the to pick it up a few days later and u can guess the rest.........BEST BIKE YET! So much fun to ride. You can ride it effortlessly in town and out in the country is even better!

99 HONDA CRM250 AR MUGEN
KTM EXC 380 1998 SUPERMOTO 07 SPEC
KTM 525 EXC SUPERMOTO 05

woolley
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR
Re: My bike History so far.....

Post by woolley » 05 Nov 2009, 15:00

is that youres on Youtube

delvey91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: My bike History so far.....

Post by delvey91 » 05 Nov 2009, 15:52

Yes it is, Ive just bought a mini HD camera so will do being some on board videos etc soon 8-)
99 HONDA CRM250 AR MUGEN
KTM EXC 380 1998 SUPERMOTO 07 SPEC
KTM 525 EXC SUPERMOTO 05