Spot the DOG

Only Site supporters can create new posts in this section. A section to display all your bikes, and biking history. Feel free to share your history here and picture whoring. This section is not 56K friendly, let alone 2mb broadband friendly either.
abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3 CRM
Re: Spot the DOG

Post by abigsupermoto » 10 Apr 2011, 08:53

Just insured my Mk3 (£77.60 comp) so I will be taking it for its M.O.T and tax next week :mrgreen:
only took a year :shock: and the tank and plastics still need doing, but at least I will be able to get out and ride the thing :lol:

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 10 Apr 2011, 09:15

Well done :D .

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 11 Apr 2011, 21:18

MOT booked for Wednesday :shock: , am I right in thinking if I dont have passenger footpegs, I will not need a chain guard to be fitted?

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 11 Apr 2011, 21:54

According to my information but MOT inspectors do vary.

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by superbob » 12 Apr 2011, 18:40

when I had my mot done they passed it with no rear pegs and a chain gaurd fitted and it doesnt matter about the front indicators staying on as long as they work correctly but they failed it 1st time as the front valve on the tier was slightly at an angle.

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 12 Apr 2011, 19:30

Rumour has it that if you dont have rear pegs, you dont require a chain guard or indicators. But its one of them grey areas where its down to the testers discretion at ze end of the day

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 12 Apr 2011, 22:07

Thanks for the replies, I have made one and put it on to be on the safe side :?

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 13 Apr 2011, 14:21

Bike passed :D then fouled a plug on the way home :cry: I had no tools with me and was in a bit of a bad area, so I pushed it 2k to a shop where I know the guy and he kept an eye on it until I got back with a fresh plug and tools, fired up first kick with the new plug :roll:

anyway main thing is it passed, he mentioned the indicators staying on as it used to be a fail, other than that no other comments 8-)

took a pic whilst it was outside, as you can see the plastics and tank need sorting. My mate made me some stickers ,I sent him the pics he has the gear to print/cut them to hide the cracks in the side panels, so they will do for now. the red rad panels I got off ebay as they were better than the ones that came with the bike, but eventually I want white ones...
Attachments
IMG_5315.jpg