Mikey's Mk1.

Only Site supporters can create new posts in this section. A section to display all your bikes, and biking history. Feel free to share your history here and picture whoring. This section is not 56K friendly, let alone 2mb broadband friendly either.
mr_bump_12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk1
Mikey's Mk1.

Post by mr_bump_12 » 09 Mar 2011, 22:15

After being on here for a little while I thought I'd show my bike.

First of all, my previous bikes are... (Bear in mind I'm only 20)
1st bike = Peugeot jetforce c-tech. (2 stroke)
2nd bike = Yamaha Dtr 125. (2 stoke)
3rd bike = Pit bike, stomp 140cc. (4 stroke)
4th bike = My CRM 250. (2 stroke)

So shortly after doing my bike test on the yamaha I sold it, wasn't using it much, and most of my friends had moved to cars. After that empty feeling without a bike to play on I decided to get a pit bike, impulse buy which my dad wasn't too happy with. Rode that for a while but being Chinese is had it's problems so it went. Just having the odd look on ebay and piston head ever now-and-then for another bike I came across this CRM, the guy said it's 'first come first serve' so the next day I took the 2hour drive with both my dad and my brother in-law to Wiltshire. We just managed to get it into the back of the van with the other bits and drove home, I'm not sure if I have even had a smile on my face that big! :D It was gone 12 at night by the time we got home, so I wasn't able to have a go on it, so after work the next day I rushed home and fired her up (2nd kick if I remember correctly) and truly loved being back on a proper bike on the road. After making a few of my close friends jealous, a couple of them took there bike test. They all opted to get either Honda vrf400 and CBR400 but it is still fun riding with them, even better when I put the supermoto gear on and keep up with them though the twisties. :D

After owning the bike for roughly half a year now I have only just started 'green laning' with another friend. Living in near Torquay in Devon there are a few lanes that I knew about from the Yamaha DTR days, so I have been reminiscing from then, I have since found plenty more. The first time I got the old girl dirty I was a little pissed off to say the least, I'm not sure why, but I didn't like seeing the bike dirty so after 7-8hours cleaning her I was happy. :)

Being young I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the mechanic and servicing to keep her in good shape, I can not thank my neighbour and guys on here enough. I try to help as much as I can but my knowledge is limited. But thanks guys. :)

So a bit more on topic, the previous owner works for Castrol and has great knowledge of bikes as he sent me some write ups of the bike and saw many pictures of his other bikes. The bike was pretty much spotless and I could truss that he serviced and looked after the bike well. Being nearly standard my dad didn't have anything to complain about either *relief*.

Pictures are from the previous owner...

After having the bike for a while and looking on here I decided that I need to do the dreaded SWING ARM BOLT check, I know the previous owner said it was fine but I really wasn't looking forward to it!

HOORAY!!! It wasn't stuck so I greased it put and put the bike back together after a clean. I was so happy that I even took a few pictures of it out, god only knows why I took them before it cleaned all the parts but 'hey' I was happy.

(I did take off the chain and cleaned everything)

I will try and add newer pictures when I get around to taking better photos.

Thanks, Mikey.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Mikey's Mk1.

Post by fallenmikethebike » 09 Mar 2011, 22:37

:D Welcome Bumpy, that,s a very tasty looking MK1, well done.
Where you are is Green lane heaven,the TRF guys in your area are very committed, and consequently have managed to stave off the worst of the TRO lovers.
Join your local group and go out on some rides, I have been down to that area a couple of times and had some fantastic riding days.
There are also a couple of really good Long Distance Trials run in that area, one is the "Moor to Sea", and the other is the Ten Tors, you also have just over the border, the End to End, long distance trial, finishing up at Lands End.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

delvey91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by delvey91 » 13 Mar 2011, 21:11

Hey mate im up in exeter, me and the gang normally go out most weekends, im on a wr450. let me know if you wanna go out laning sometime ;)
99 HONDA CRM250 AR MUGEN
KTM EXC 380 1998 SUPERMOTO 07 SPEC
KTM 525 EXC SUPERMOTO 05

mr_bump_12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mr_bump_12 » 14 Mar 2011, 22:05

Thanks Mike, I must say the pictures do make the bike look better than it probably is, but nun the less its still pretty clean. I will be joining the TRF next month I think when a few extra pennies are available. (Puss it's £10 cheaper at the start of April :D.) I have heard of 'Ten Tors' but the other two you mentioned I will have to have a look into them, cheers.

Hi 'delvey91' I will send you a PM, cheers I will have to take up up on that.

Just a little up date, went out last Sunday with a friend was thoroughly enjoying the great weather. But it had to happen sometime, I fell off!! :( Nothing too major, broke the left hand guard, and a few of the brackets holding the headlight on and the rear mud guard have now slightly cracked. The brake light was constantly on after the fall off, so I thought I might have trapped the wire making it short out, but it wasn't much, just the right hand guard touching the front break leaver by a few 'mm' just enough to make the light come on. And the front wheel it pointing to the right when the bars are straight. All in all though, I'm okay and the bike will so be okay soon.

Just taken the forks off and there going in for a service tomorrow. And I am getting my exhaust shot blasted at work. :)

mr_bump_12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mr_bump_12 » 21 Mar 2011, 20:56

Update.

So the start of the dismantling, wasn't too bad. Although I find electrics fascinating I can't help myself but too over pre pair, so with little sticky pads and a pen I labelled every wire or connection that I unplugged. (Just to let you know I'm slightly colour bind, :| )

Forks have been serviced at J.R.Tremlett including seals, bushes and oil. = £111 (Haven't yet ridden the bike but when it was off the centre stand they seem a lot firmer.

Re-greased the head race bearings. The 'cups' (not sure what there called, where the bearing seats) looks slightly marked, warn. The top is a little worst than the bottom but I forgot to take a picture of that, typical!

My question is, do these need replacing?

I'm getting there, almost back together, my exhaust should be ready tomorrow for spraying. Paint that I'm going to use is PJ1 flat black exhaust system paint. (Thanks knackered). Side stand has been shot blasted and painted.

Unfortunately, my parents are of a rare breed and actually use the garage to put there cars in. :( If only I had my way! (Don't take this to heart.)

Things to do, are replace broken hand guard (clutch leaver side or both) and assessable her back together. Then get back out there riding. :D

(PS, if you see any improvements/tips that you think I could use please say.)

As you can see I'm into many different sports, surfing, mounting biking, golf, long boarding if you ever fancy doing/trying something out then just ask.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 21 Mar 2011, 21:01

The head bearings you have are the original 'cup & ball' type and they have probably been in there since the bike was made. I would replace them but use 'needle roller' type as the later Mks did. Listed on eBay/LT any other bearing place as common bearings.

mr_bump_12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mr_bump_12 » 21 Mar 2011, 21:08

Once again, thanks knackered. :BB I will order them ASAP.

Spokey
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Spokey » 09 May 2011, 22:15

[quote="mr_bump_12"]

After having the bike for a while and looking on here I decided that I need to do the dreaded SWING ARM BOLT check, I know the previous owner said it was fine but I really wasn't looking forward to it!

Thanks, Mikey.[/quote]

What ... and you thought I was telling porkies ... or course it was alright, I look after my bikes ... cheeky bugger ;oP

Spokey ( Previous owner - regretting ever selling it like I said I would )

PJ1 is what I used last time on the exhaust - and you can actually polish it when it's done to make it shine ..

Nice to know it's being looked after though ...

Cheers

madmanreevo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: crm 2.2

Post by madmanreevo » 12 May 2011, 16:27

nice looking mark1, glad your doing your own work on it. :D
3rd CRM250 MK2, rebuilt incl Braided hoses,powdercoated,one off bronze swingarm bushes,taper head bearings,hard chromed fork, poweredcoated rear spring and rebuilt. custom graphics, also own TL1000s, Aprillia RS250 (300 kit stage 3 tuned), Yamaha RD400c

mr_bump_12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mr_bump_12 » 13 May 2011, 23:23

Spokey wrote:
mr_bump_12 wrote: Spokey ( Previous owner - regretting ever selling it like I said I would )
Haha, I did trust you. ''What ... and you thought I was telling porkies ... or course it was alright, I look after my bikes ... cheeky bugger ;oP''. Just all the talk about it being such a pain, can't blame me for worrying. :)

Well the bike passed the MOT the other day which made me a happy bunny! Tax is about to run out so £35 later and I'm sorted for a year. :D

rangtangtang
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by rangtangtang » 12 Mar 2012, 10:19

[quote="mr_bump_12"]
[img]http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo12 ... G_1262.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Have you replaced that chain? Looks pretty buggered.