AR TRIPLETS

Only Site supporters can create new posts in this section. A section to display all your bikes, and biking history. Feel free to share your history here and picture whoring. This section is not 56K friendly, let alone 2mb broadband friendly either.
helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM AR (4)
Re: AR TRIPLETS

Post by helisupp » 30 Aug 2012, 12:50

Active Rascal

Your engine crankshaft was too badly corroded to bee kept in use, obviously due to lack of use when imported.

So had to stump up for another replacement crankshaft........................cant wait to see the bill.

Active Rascal
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 AR

Post by Active Rascal » 30 Aug 2012, 14:28

Oh dear... Sorry to hear it. I owned the bike 4 years and no problem. Previous to myself a mate owned it for about 7 years and no problems. I filled the crankcase with 2t oil when she came off the road and cranked it over every now and again to avoid any corrosion whilst sat un ridden.

Shaun.

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by helisupp » 31 Aug 2012, 14:53

Yes it was in great visual condition, but pitting on little and big end.......normal story.

But it just so happened I had a spare complete immaculate crankshaft which is being fitted as we speak, its going to be my spare engine now after completion (one engine fits all in this case), I also purchased another bike for spares and the engine is destined for your ol bike when completed.

Project reversal now happens as bike No 5 (yours is No 4) going under the knife this afternoon, only 2500 miles since new so engine will probably have corrosion if unlucky.

If anybody has an AR crankshaft with no corrosion please let me know, I am a buyer as you know.

keith
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by keith » 04 Sep 2012, 23:12

Are any of these bikes going to be for sale

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by helisupp » 05 Sep 2012, 08:52

3 of the 5 bikes will be for sale when all said and done, but I will probably end up keeping them all (plenty of space here) as they will be too expensive for anybody to buy and I will not be actively advertising .

They have cost over £3,500 each so far (and am still changing things for changing sake such as changing colour of brake lines). Money has not been a limiting factor in the refurbs (note I did not say maintained without regard to cost) so Leisure Trail have benefited in all respects, even every nut, bolts and washer is new or replated bright Zinc.

In my opinion they will be the best unmodified, as close to standard, closest to new condition 5 CRM250ARs in the UK, if not in the world, and Honda will never make them again. 2 strokes are the future collectables, easy to maintain, few moving parts, engines fit in a sandwich box( I have a large sandwich box).

I will probably only ride them on the road locally and they will never see dirt, a shame I know but I am unable to use my left arm due to previous injury.

Must go, as am on my way to platers and powdercoaters today, plus suspension off to be serviced, Bike No 5 now in progress.