My mk 2

Only Site supporters can create new posts in this section. A section to display all your bikes, and biking history. Feel free to share your history here and picture whoring. This section is not 56K friendly, let alone 2mb broadband friendly either.
davecee92
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
My mk 2

Post by davecee92 » 26 Nov 2015, 23:06

Here is my mk 2 ive done a few bits and bobs like the wheels , seat cover , handguards etc i need more recent pics its an ongoing project http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/davec ... sort=3&o=0

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
Re: My mk 2

Post by jompy » 27 Nov 2015, 17:09

thats a damn sight cleaner than mine , nice one , keep us updated ;)

ml1275
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ml1275 » 28 Nov 2015, 06:48

That looks smart.

davecee92
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by davecee92 » 04 May 2016, 08:28

Just a small update , roughly 2 weeks after the wheels were built and fitted the silencer packing disitigrated causing the bike to break down. It sounded like blocked jets in the carb. I fitted my pro circuit silencer of the 91 cr250 i have which made the bike sound awesome. The front pipe (fmf gold series) then decided to blow a weld on the way home ( i suspect trying to run the bike with a clogged silencer damaged the front pipe. So i then bought a full dep system. The dep doesnt seem as good as the fmf , pro circuit combo but its good enough for now. The bike kept chucking plugs and was hard to start so i looked up the exhaust port to see loads of unburnt oil and a seizure on the bottom ring. I have stripped the engine out the bike as i now plan on doing the balancer shaft bearings and most seals to prevent more breakdowns in future. I bought a mk1 barrel on ebay which is on its standard bore but the clearance may be a slight issue as it has measured at 66.06mm im sure which may lead to excessive clearance but it is still within service limits apparently ? I know wossner do slightly bigger pistons (65.95 i think maybe .97 ) if anyone could advise me on that id appreciate it. Its going to be slow progress now as i have been off work since january because a god damn council van pulled out right in front of me on my fazer. Ive got nothing but time , but no money (sick pay sucks ) if anyone has anything they could add please dont hesitate cheers again

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 06 May 2016, 20:27

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you recover quickly and you get a decent pay out . As for the balancer shaft bearing , nobody has been able to find one so let us know how you sort it

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 07 May 2016, 08:40

Sorry for your run of bad luck.

Assume you have read the sections in the FAQs.

I would rebore your current cylinder and get a piston to fit that before using a secondhand cylinder without getting that rebored if it is still on the original bore. I don't know how mechanically adept you are so excuse me for my assumption.

davecee92
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by davecee92 » 10 May 2016, 09:31

Cheers for your replys i plan on having the barrel measured as i was only going off the photos the seller had sent with it. But it looks to be in very good condition all the cross hatching etc is visible but like you say if the clearance is out then ill rebore them.
I like to think im mechanically capable to do pretty much most things. I rebuilt the cr 250 in these photos from the ground up , balanced crank rebuilt wheels etc http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/davec ... ent&page=1

A friend has a mk1 he took material off the balancer and used a brass sleeve and different size bearing i think he said it was 2mm wider ill need to ask him for the number.

Cheers again

griff76
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by griff76 » 12 May 2016, 19:22

Hi Dave.

Where did you get your wheels sorted and how much? Shame about the Fazer, I had one, they're great bikes.

davecee92
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by davecee92 » 13 May 2016, 06:15

Hi mate i had bought my gold rims locally for 160 as i hoped to just swap rims myself but spokes were hard to source and i wasnt sure if xr ones were the same. I sent my old wheels with the new rims to central wheel components. They rebuilt my wheels with stainless spokes and powdercoated my hubs for £330. Id say including tyres , bearings , spoke coats , rim tape etc its cost over £700 but i really like them.i used central wheel components for the parts to rebuild the cr250 wheels too theyre a really good company And yeah i loved the fazer it was a great bike. Doctor told me yesterday that i wont be able to ride bikes anymore either which sucks so i may have to sell the crm as id hate to have it as an ornament.

griff76
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by griff76 » 13 May 2016, 07:41

Sorry to hear about you not being able to ride anymore. Judging by the damage to the Fazer it looked a heavy crash, what were your injuries if you don't mind me asking?

Your wheels look great, I'm looking for black rims with new spokes, I'd like to keep the hubs standard looking. I'll get in touch with Central Wheels.

davecee92
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by davecee92 » 13 May 2016, 14:53

They can powdercoat the spokes any colour you want aswell which looks really nice. Right knee has ruptured acl, pcl and meniscus and bruised bones(yes its a real thing lol). They suspect they will find more damage when the knee has healed enough for surgery but Im going to speak to my physio / surgeon to see if a custom knee brace would give me enough support to keep riding in the future. I think kicking the crm is out of the question though

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 14 May 2016, 22:19

Wow that's a hell of a dint on the tank , that must of hurt !
Hope you heal well and can get back to biking
Was that central wheel in coleshill ?

davecee92
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by davecee92 » 15 May 2016, 09:22

It sure did lol im not going to describe what caused that ... but im sure you can imagine. Im sure it was i just got their details off google they were a good company to deal with.