Carb de icer pipes

Maintained by mods and admins. but contains all the answers to all those questions that get asked over and over and over . .
back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc
Carb de icer pipes

Post by back off road » 29 May 2011, 03:50

Due to not living / riding in sub zero temperatures ,how can i blank the water pipes off from the carb ? it looks to be remove the flexi pipes and seal the head and carb off ? is it this easy ?
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Carb de icer pipes ?

Post by twistednuts » 29 May 2011, 12:23

Think so. I keep meanin to do it. I just want to link the two pipes together, but they appear to be different thicknesses . I'll have to make somet.

Could blank em off at the head but i dont wanna damage anythin. I dont think they even gave to be linked, each one can be just stop ended, but i prefer to link em.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 29 May 2011, 16:34

No problem to remove all trace.

In Japan temperatures in the winter regularly get below 10 degrees C during the day. This hapens very rarely in the UK. Also MX and Enduro bikes don't have these and are often get used in very low temps. I think the critical thing is that trail riding, MX and enduros are generally done at low speeds compared to on the road, so the wind chill around the carb is much less.

I've always got rid of the carb heater as have many CRM owners. I don't know of anyone who has had a problem after removing the carb deicer. If you think you will be riding in very low temperatures on the road at speed then you might want to keep it.

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk3

Post by garyd » 09 Oct 2011, 10:42

Why would you want to ??surely it will help atomisation in the winter??

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 09 Oct 2011, 10:47

couldnt see the need for them and i will never no if it affects things in winter , as ive now fitted a 35mm pwk that doesnt have them on anyway
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve