ohms for mover valve motor

Maintained by mods and admins. but contains all the answers to all those questions that get asked over and over and over . .
lgingell
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 AR W
ohms for mover valve motor

Post by lgingell » 12 Feb 2015, 12:20

Hi

Does anyone know what resistance to expect from the power valve motor?

I think mine may be past its best.

I have read the "power valve problems" thread (which is very good).

I have an intermintant power valve motor - sometimes stickes in the open position.

I have already

1 - stripped/, cleaned and reffited the mecanical powervalve
2 - replaced th epower valve cables,
3 - replaced the REG / REC
4 - had the PGM unit repaired (thanks to the guy in greece)
5 - checked all continuitly of wiresfrom PGM unit to power valve motor / position sensor - all ok
6 - checked the resistance of the power valve potentiometer - seems ok (from 1K - 5K ohms, when turning position of sensor)

Also - the "power valve problems" thread, suggests awebsite to purchase a new motor - the link opens the website, butthe part number is not found. Has anyone found an alternative supplier for the motor?

Honda still list the powervalve servo assembly, but it costs £212 + vat.

Thanks
Leonard

lgingell
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 AR W
Re: ohms for mover valve motor

Post by lgingell » 20 Feb 2015, 21:26

i purchased the new motor.

the resistance is 100 ohms or 500 ohms, changing as the motor is turned through different "segments".

i hope this helps other people who want to check there own.

thanks
leonard

Bultacobob
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: ohms for mover valve motor

Post by Bultacobob » 05 Mar 2015, 16:48

Hi I got a replacement motor from Ebay, shipping from Germany, Mabuchi Motor 12V RS365SH (£9.39). it is a direct replacement and the drive shaft is the right length, it did not however come with brass gear, you will need to get that from your original motor or track one down, which is surprisingly difficult but i did find one on Ebay again from Germany.

Hope this helps.

P.S if you take the unit apart and get to the potentiometer, spend a few minutes twisting it around around, they sometimes get a bit skittish and build up a bit of corrosion on the plates, this leads to an intermittent signal getting back through and will give you erratic running. Radio volume switch were the same thing, worked but crackled and gave erratic volume levels.
I have not been able to track down a replacement one yet.