crm the magic carpet

warloks
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
crm the magic carpet

Post by warloks » 13 Feb 2016, 20:22

went out on the bike today and my mate came along as he is not mobile at the moment so i lent him my KTM 250 2 smoke we had a great day and the crm ran without fault i let my mate have ago and he said it was like a magic carpet it just does everything so well needless to say he woulnt get off it and i had to spend the rest of the day on the very peaky ktm which have to say is also a good bike but not for a 52 year old git like me.so the crm is going to be part of my bike collection for a very long time i think :D

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
Re: crm the magic carpet

Post by jompy » 14 Feb 2016, 10:12

It surprising how good the CRM's are for how old they are

griff76
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by griff76 » 14 Feb 2016, 12:02

I'm out for the first time on my Mk2 tomorrow, recently just passed it's mot. I'm used to 2 stroke mx bikes so looking forward to how the CRM will be.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 14 Feb 2016, 17:15

To the best of my knowledge, only Gas Gas now make a 2T autolube pucker trail bike.
The 4T revolution of the last decade or so seems to have all but gone over the head of Trail bikes, [ WR250R possibly excepted].
The raucous, racy offerings from all the far eastern manufacturers, and especially their European counterparts have been particularly bad for trail riding in general. The noisy 4 bangers made us a soft target for all the anti brigade.
I'm not saying it was the whole problem, and the antis would soon find another attack angle, but it did make it difficult to defend our corner, and certainly hastened the mass closure of many contentious Byways.
If it's any consolation, I've noted that the same self serving movers and shakers in the antis movement also crop up in the kayaking world, [ my newest hobby] , where they accuse us [kayakers] of destroying the rivers by floating along on the water's surface, nothing to do with their wishing to jealously guard the lucrative opportunities that river banks offer for their own financial gain :roll: :roll: no siree.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by gregorious77 » 14 Feb 2016, 21:15

Beta brought out a tasty looking autolube last year. still wont have the CRM service intervals though.
http://www.betausa.com/node/1983
Funny watching all my mates on their KTM's do the 2T shake at the petrol station after topping up oil out of various baby bottles.

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 MK3

Post by andrew19 » 14 Feb 2016, 21:18

It's not exactly a trail bike (it's an enduro bike) but the 2016 Beta 300RR is a 2T autolube bike. :D

http://www.edmondson-racing.co.uk/prods ... nduro.html

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 MK3

Post by andrew19 » 14 Feb 2016, 21:19

Oops I see someone beat me to it!!

It's got an electric boot :)

chris1971
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: crm mk2,2

Post by chris1971 » 17 Feb 2016, 12:57

I had the more or less the same thing happen on sunday past lol . was out bing bashing and a little bit of soggy woodland traking with 2 of my mates . they both had 91 cr 250's and claimed i would struggle to keep up with them . think they had there eyes opened once i got the old girl warmed up . the crm struggled slightly with the rough stuff but she even surprised me . she came into her own when we moved into the tricky wood tracks . the cr's were way to aggressive but the old crm just ploughed right thru . got to say i love my crm and the control you have . way better than any crosser

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992

Post by pudzie83 » 17 Feb 2016, 13:15

Its a beautiful feeling pulling up to a modern 4t that won't start putting the ''old slow and heavy'' crm on the stand and leaving her to tick over while assisting and explaining how if mine cuts out it will start easy with no help needed :D

Same goes for electric starts on ktms but the icing on the cake is if they need a tow of shame back by the ''old slow and heavy outdated dinosaur'' crm..........................Lots of taunting and beeping of my horn on the journey back haha
VIVA LA CRM!