jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 mk2
Rear Linkage bearings

Post by jonnygal » 26 Jan 2017, 16:02

Hi

I have a 1992 mk2 and currently have the shocker off for full refurb and want to get all the bearings and seals changed in the linkages.

I have looked at the F & Q section where I got some good info on this, just got one question. Where is the best place to buy a full set of rear linkage bearings and seals.

Thanks for your help

Jon

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
Re: Rear Linkage bearings

Post by jompy » 22 Feb 2017, 18:46

jonnygal wrote:Hi

I have a 1992 mk2 and currently have the shocker off for full refurb and want to get all the bearings and seals changed in the linkages.

I have looked at the F & Q section where I got some good info on this, just got one question. Where is the best place to buy a full set of rear linkage bearings and seals.

Thanks for your help

Jon
Personally I find it easier to give leisure trail a call , some people say they're pricey but I think they're a lot more competitive than they were and Tom in the parts dept is a star .
There's a lot of info on here about alternative places for parts and what parts from other models fit the CRM

jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jonnygal » 23 Feb 2017, 23:51

jompy wrote:

Thanks for your help

Jon
Personally I find it easier to give leisure trail a call , some people say they're pricey but I think they're a lot more competitive than they were and Tom in the parts dept is a star .
There's a lot of info on here about alternative places for parts and what parts from other models fit the CRM
Thanks pal, have seen they do the wheel bearings I need after someone pointed me in the right direction to leisure trial , I will call tmrw and ask they do.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 24 Feb 2017, 16:16

jonnygal wrote:
jompy wrote:

Thanks for your help

Jon
Thanks pal, have seen they do the wheel bearings I need after someone pointed me in the right direction to leisure trial , I will call tmrw and ask they do.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Leisure trail is less than 10 miles from me ;)

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 24 Feb 2017, 22:11

You can get all the bearings from a bearing factor shop like Simply bearings,but you'll have to measure yours first for the correct sizes.
On the linkage bearings, they come out slightly longer, which in a way is good, as gives more bearing surface, additionally they have two seals built into the bearing as well,which helps if the crud gets past the first seal.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jonnygal » 25 Feb 2017, 12:22

fallenmikethebike wrote:You can get all the bearings from a bearing factor shop like Simply bearings,but you'll have to measure yours first for the correct sizes.
On the linkage bearings, they come out slightly longer, which in a way is good, as gives more bearing surface, additionally they have two seals built into the bearing as well,which helps if the crud gets past the first seal.
Mike
Excellent

Thanks for that, I will get it stripped and measure the bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jonnygal » 25 Feb 2017, 12:24

Leisure trail sorted me out yesterday, order the rear wheel bearings and seals at 5pm and they turned up this morning SERVICE!

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 26 Feb 2017, 20:48

jonnygal wrote:Leisure trail sorted me out yesterday, order the rear wheel bearings and seals at 5pm and they turned up this morning Image SERVICE!

Nice one bud , chuffed for you