front fork noise

chris1971
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: crm mk2,2
front fork noise

Post by chris1971 » 11 Mar 2017, 22:50

evening . rebuilt my front shocks a few weeks back on my mk2 . replaced the bushes , oil seal and dust seals and got some lovely clean fork oil to stick in . shocks are back on the bike but i now get a noise that sounds like the springs are rubbing inside the fork legs and also a slight clicking noise when i compress the forks . any ideas ?? cheers in advance

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: front fork noise

Post by fallenmikethebike » 12 Mar 2017, 09:11

Can you isolate it one fork or the other?
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

chris1971
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: crm mk2,2

Post by chris1971 » 18 Mar 2017, 20:15

Hi mate . sounds like its both forks . TBH i dont think my forks had been serviced at all . when i drained the old oil out there wasnt much in there and it was black . the new oil i put in was much thinner than the oil that came out . i have been out on the bike last weekend doing a bit of bing bashing and had no problems . noticed a massive difference on the front end , bike felt more nimble and less saggy even landing from some fairly high drops and jumps . after i washed the bike last weekend i gave the front end a few good compressions and its still making the same scrapping noise . someone did mention that it could just be the fact that its clean oil and i am hearing the springs coils coming together under load .

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 18 Mar 2017, 20:30

What weight oil did you put back in? Did you measure the volume put back in or measure from the top down to oil surface?
Have you made sure the forks are square in the triple clamps?
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!