Tarting the old girl up

Gammakeith
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Re: Tarting the old girl up

Post by Gammakeith » 10 Nov 2019, 14:00

Thanks! I took early retirement last year so have lots of time but not so much money (a fair bit less than £1000). Thus, the simple answer to your question is a HUGE amount of time but not so much money. I had to buy a few bits new but pretty much all the body work is repaired original and I replated lots of fasteners at home. The only bit I farmed out was the frame blasting and powder coating. Biggest cost was £500 for a spare engine but I only swapped the piston/barrel and balancer shaft and it has a good bottom end so that can be off set when I sell :-)

It ran lovely in the Isle of Man apart from a dragging clutch which I need to investigate. I did about 400 miles (mostly off road) though the bike now has a bit of "patina" to some of the plastics as I had more enthusiasm than ability.

Keith

Gammakeith
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Gammakeith » 10 Nov 2019, 14:01

Thanks! I took early retirement last year so have lots of time but not so much money (a fair bit less than £1000). Thus, the simple answer to your question is a HUGE amount of time but not so much money. I had to buy a few bits new but pretty much all the body work is repaired original and I replated lots of fasteners at home. The only bit I farmed out was the frame blasting and powder coating. Biggest cost was £500 for a spare engine but I only swapped the piston/barrel and balancer shaft and it has a good bottom end so that can be off set when I sell :-)

It ran lovely in the Isle of Man apart from a dragging clutch which I need to investigate. I did about 400 miles (mostly off road) though the bike now has a bit of "patina" to some of the plastics as I had more enthusiasm than ability.

Keith

jonnygal
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 mk2

Post by jonnygal » 10 Nov 2019, 16:50

Looks fantastic mate

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk