A tale of CRM's.

jon
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
A tale of CRM's.

Post by jon » 02 Nov 2006, 06:17

I had been living in the North of thailand for a while and one day while driving past this bike shop I saw a back and red honda sitting outside .I had to stop and have a look and it was a CRM .I wanted it but couldn,t afford it. A couple of years later I had to keep driving past another shop and then they parked another black and red CRM outside.This time I stopped and eventually bought it . Imagine my surprise when driving near my house to see three CRM's parked outside the local mechanics shop .I went in and found out they all belonged to one guy. I got his number and went to see him . He is an Austrian guy and had no less than nine CRM's, all models including the ARs. He even let me try the different models out around his garden .We have become quite friendly since then and we often go out for rides together . He has just bought his tenth bike , another AR . He does off road tours with them . So within two miles of my house I have him and the mechanic (who has just put a CRM engine into his 125 motocrosser). It must be fate . I really wanted one since seeing that one years ago . So basically I have CRM's coming out of my ears. I am really enjoying my own bike .I had to repace the CDI/ECU as I had bought it without knowing what to check . The bike is going well although a few weeks ago it went down on power . The powervalve seemed to be moving and working but the mechanic had a quick look at the servo motor and we could smell the electric motor burning away.The cogs on the teeth were fine and I think he replaced the bushes in the motor . Anyway it is flying along again and I just have to wait till Saturday to go out and ride a trail up the local mountain and I will have to wait and see which of the ten bikes my friend appears on . On a slightly different note , I just got my other bike back from the mechanic. It is a 1995 DR 650 Suzuki that had been parked against my wall for the last six years since its one and only venture off road .I did some damage to the gearbox and it kept slipping out of gear .Anyway I took it for a quick ride last weekend and couldn't believe how heavy and slow steering it was . I still cant believe I actually took it off road all those years ago .

jon
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jon » 24 Jun 2007, 08:31

I know it is a bit sad but I am going to reply to my own post! Still riding my AR and really enjoying it. My brother came over and rode it and was plesantly surprised at how tractable it was.A few weeks back I was out riding alone when I saw a snake starting to cross the trail.I stopped and it decided to go half way and then turn round and go back.I was sitting with my toes touching the ground, my front wheel nearly touching the snake and trying to work out how to reverse when its head changed shape and I realised it was a cobra. Luckily it moved away.Anyway, off home I rode only to nearly run another snake over. I was getting a bit frazzled by then and when trying to cross the highway I was riding along the hard shoulder and when a gap appeared I gave it a bit of throttle and we wheelied across the road. I was a bit surprised at this clutchless wheelie, but it looked good even though it was unintentional. When i got home I decided that was enough excitement for the day and sat down to a nice cup of tea.Cheers.