help please

klxkiller
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
help please

Post by klxkiller » 09 Mar 2008, 20:31

hi all i can see im not gona live the name down :oops: named meself that becouse i killed my klx withen half a mile of buying it just so underpowerd anyway got the crm mk2 few days ago but exhurst seems very clean how would i check the oil fuel pump is working and also is there any uprated shocks or spring u can get as the rear is very saggy .and are these bikes realy 40 bhp my one is standard no new reeds or exhurst anyway hope u can help thanks :D

howe1601
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: help please

Post by howe1601 » 18 Mar 2008, 13:32

The oil pump is eay to check. On the right hand side of the engine is the two stroke oil pump. There is a plastic cover which comes off very easily with two screws. You will see that there is a inlet and outlet pipe. The inlet pipe comes from the bike frame near to the radiator. The other pipe runs from the pump up and across to the carb where it enters via the black rubber sleve of the carb. If you take off the pipe that connects to the carb and start the engine you should get two stroke oil pumping out. Personally I have dissconnected the inlet and outlet pumps and nolonger use the pump as i dont trust it. I pre mix the fuel and you are guaranteed that the engine mixture is corrrect. i mix 40:1.

Jonorow
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Jonorow » 20 Mar 2008, 21:17

A little tip guys, if your going to go premix, leave some oil in the pump and link the in and out pipes. unless you do this the pump will run dry and seize, trashing the pump and the drive gear, the water pump drive gear and anything else in the case. Or remove the pump and blank off the opening. Jon
98 (94) CRM250 MK3
96 ST1100PT
99 NT650V Deauville (Gone to roads new)
http://www.rymcc.co.uk

howe1601
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by howe1601 » 27 Mar 2008, 15:43

Thanks for the tip about the oil pump. I have had engine rebuilt recently, before pre mix days. I queried the oil pump running dry if not used and the guy who rebuilds two stroke race engines had a good look and reliably informed me that it wont sieze as the two stroke oil does not act as a lubricant for the two stroke pump. Dont want to run the risk. Has anyone had the pump sieze?