flywheel puller

shane
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
flywheel puller

Post by shane » 16 Jul 2011, 23:24

hi
i have a mark 2 crm and need to buy a flywheel puller, does any body no what size and best place to buy them from
any info would be a big help
many thanks

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: flywheel puller

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Jul 2011, 08:58

:D Here, + lots of other useful gizmo's.
http://shop.1stmx.co.uk/flywheel-puller ... 4QodR2iexw
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Jul 2011, 09:14

:D Just saw these there as well.
http://shop.1stmx.co.uk/drc-tyre-lever- ... -277-p.asp
Cool kit.
Mike

Jeram
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Jeram » 17 Jul 2011, 13:14

nice find!

Thats very cheap!

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 17 Jul 2011, 13:20

the tyre levers look handy
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 17 Jul 2011, 13:26

Yeah, good idea them tyre levers, even better if you never actually need to use em!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Jul 2011, 14:28

twistednuts wrote:Yeah, good idea them tyre levers, even better if you never actually need to use em!
Well, for those who really despise the puncture mending chore, then Mooses, are the answer, in part :( .
1 = Technically they are not certified for road use, :( old bill, insurance,, etc etc.
2 =Fitting them is dire experience.
3 = Tyre pressures cannot be altered.
4 = limited life.
On the upside.
Lighter
Never having to mend a puncture, priceless.

Tubes
Punctures :evil:
1 = Run ultra thick tubes, pre-loaded with anti puncture gloop[which also has the effect of balancing the wheel as well].
DO NOT, tighten the valve stem nut against the rim, you WILL NOT stop a tube shifting doing that, it will just tear out the valve stem.Drill the valve stem out to 10mm, this will allow some movement on the stem, and importantly, you can see that movement and rectify the problem.
I have only had to ever mend one puncture, and that was on my youngest sons MK2, which we had slipped a spare front wheel into, awaiting a new disc on the one removed.I hadn't checked the wheel over, and sure enough, half way through the day a thorn founds it's way through the tyre, and punctured the 2mm Taiwanese tube, that had no gloop in it.
We found somewhere to elevate the bike on[big farm roller] he made the tea, while i sorted the puncture.
By the time I had finished the tea was just right for drinking :D and i like my tea hot.
The key to mending a puncture is to remember, if it's hard work, your doing something wrong, and that something is invariably people fail to push the rim of the tyre hard into the well of the rim, thats why the rim is the shape it is.
I used Buzzetti 7" levers.
All the above strictly IMO.
Mike

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 17 Jul 2011, 18:06

Deffo agree with the tyre changin lark. Its a piece of wee if you do it right. Ive only ever struggled when trying to cut corners. The thought of puttin mitas co2s on filled me with dread when i looked at how chunky they were. But they jumped on themselves...well..... almost :D

By the way, what equipment did you take for fresh tea making duties?

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Jul 2011, 19:23

Gelert, do a tiny little burner, that will boil a cup of water in a couple of minutes, I think there absolutely brilliant.
http://www.outdoorgear4u.co.uk/category ... -stove.php
I got mine from TK max, about £10, well actually I got a brace of them, and I carry one in the van, for emergency brews ;)
I carry on the back of the bike one of those small butane cylinders, about 200 ml, it's good for about 30 brews.
Some tea bags, some of those milk stick/straw thingamajigs, and the worlds your cafe,
It always nice to pull up at scenic spot for a brew,and a swim if I'm near some water, one of them ultra light towels weighs only a few ounces.
I pulled up once, at a river bank and started setting up camp, I had to cut back some stinging nettles to get to the waters edge,with a small folding "fisker" saw,had a brew going, got out a small blanket, some bread and cheese, ect, there was a small group of Rambliars sitting further up the bank, with a small bottle of squash, between them :D , I heard one say to another" FFS, what's he gonna get next out of that backpack, a fecking deck chair, and parasol" :lol: :lol:
Does it get any better?
Mike

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 17 Jul 2011, 23:42

Ruddy nora, your a man after my own heart. Always try an take a brew wi me wherever i go. Got one of them Lifeventure cup flask things, but can only have coffee in cos tea tastes queer in em. A mini stove would be great to make a fresh brew. An need one for the back of me van too cos some customers are too tight to make a brew, or have one a day!

Cheese butties on the go too eh, will deffo have to go on a trail ride wi thee! Not too bothered about the swimmin bit though, i can only go for a metre before i sink..an if any rambler types see me naked they'll ring environmental health :o

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 18 Jul 2011, 17:43

twistednuts wrote:Ruddy nora, your a man after my own heart. Always try an take a brew wi me wherever i go. Got one of them Lifeventure cup flask things, but can only have coffee in cos tea tastes queer in em. A mini stove would be great to make a fresh brew. An need one for the back of me van too cos some customers are too tight to make a brew, or have one a day!

Cheese butties on the go too eh, will deffo have to go on a trail ride wi thee! Not too bothered about the swimmin bit though, i can only go for a metre before i sink..an if any rambler types see me naked they'll ring environmental health :o
:D
I also sent for one of these,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DRC-ALUMINIUM-CHA ... 564258940b
But, after waiting 3 months for one to come in, the shop very kindly sent a superior one, for the same price :D , however I'm sure these are just as effective.
Just remember though, you really need to carry a couple of split links, AND, an individual non riveted link, as chains don't always break at the split link :( .
Mike