mobil 1 two stroke oil

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc
mobil 1 two stroke oil

Post by back off road » 30 Dec 2011, 23:28

anyone using it ? tried it and had bad results ? or very happy and wont try owt else ?

the reason i ask is ive picked my gas gas 300 ec up today and thats what the previous owner was running on , he admitted he used it because his brother is a rep for mobil and he got it for nowt , not the best reason IMHO

always been a putoline man myself so unless the mobil is rated by people who have to buy their oil and use it because its good i think im going to swap it to MX5 or MX7

yes FMTB i no your answer will be in sealed pre-measured bottles :lol:
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: mobil 1 two stroke oil

Post by fallenmikethebike » 31 Dec 2011, 09:16

:D bugger, that transparent am I :roll:
It's probably fine for premixing, and the guys flagged up no issues with it.The top end on the GG, will need more frequent pulling down in any case,as the engine is more racy.
Bought all those extra tools you'll need for maintenance yet :lol: ? Halfords have a sale on at this time of year generally.
I have ridden GGs and there's no doubt they are a fine bike, and modern, so it's like comparing apples and oranges, if you can't have both, which one would you prefer?I'm still an apples [CRM] man, as it suits my riding style these days.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc
Re: mobil 1 two stroke oil

Post by back off road » 31 Dec 2011, 10:44

took halfords up on there half price sale a couple of years ago and bought there 120 piece socket set , brill bit of kit , and yes i no it will be getting more use with the top end rebuilds on the GG thats why i want to get the oil right to prevent full rebuilds ,as for apples and oranges , im trying oranges this time as they say variety is the spice of life and a change is as good as a rest :lol:

as Knack says a crm motor in a GG rolling chassis would give the best of both worlds so who knows what the future may hold
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve