A dark secret!!

john7780
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: crm 250 mk2
Re: A dark secret!!

Post by john7780 » 22 Mar 2012, 17:47

i fully agree with trevor there, its looking like the 4 bangers are to be out voted ;)
front brakes only slow you down anyway!!!!

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3

Post by fishtail » 22 Mar 2012, 17:57

but since we are talking dark secreets....

i do wonder sometimes what this would be like?

https://www.faster-faster.com/index.html

edit

I can sell you some CRM ringtones and aftershave to go with..... :D
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 22 Mar 2012, 18:14

Im useless off road but i bet the husaberg would be a monster with knobblies on, its lighter than a crm an enough torque to pull somet thats hard to pull.

But one day it will go bang, an you could buy a very good crm with the repair costs.

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 22 Mar 2012, 23:26

whats the husaberg like ? always fancied one but never took the plunge

as for the electric one call me old fashioned but they are called motorbikes for a reason and ones with batteries are for kids to play on :lol: and for the price im sure theres plenty of better buys out there
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

john7780
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: crm 250 mk2

Post by john7780 » 23 Mar 2012, 08:13

husabergs are a bit of a sly beast, my mate had a big 4 stroke one, cant remember the cc but it was very ideal for enduros, he sold his to buy an rmz 450 as he didnt want to ruin such a good bike on an mx track
front brakes only slow you down anyway!!!!

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3

Post by fishtail » 23 Mar 2012, 09:50

back off road wrote:whats the husaberg like ? always fancied one but never took the plunge

as for the electric one call me old fashioned but they are called motorbikes for a reason and ones with batteries are for kids to play on :lol: and for the price im sure theres plenty of better buys out there

yeah true but its early days..

however I found a couple of cool places to ride - a 7 tiered building site - awesome on a sunday - but one BIG problem! houses next door always call police to complain about noise!!! ( frankly I'm not surprised considering my baffles~!!! )

and thats another thing - maintenance and fuel

actually its all a pipe dream - there's no way I will sink that much cash into any bike really?
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 24 Mar 2012, 00:20

The berg is one hell of a beast. Its a 650 supermoto, not trail so i dunno what it would be like off road. Youd have to be very talented and experienced off roader to tame the beast. I think a 390 or 450 would be better for that.
Power delivery is amazin, wind it back an BAM!! You can literally feel your arms bein pulled out of their sockets. Lifts the front wheel in all gears, just by twistin the throttle. a bit scary when your not quite ready for it :D It actually feels more like a 2 stroke.

Brakes are fantastic, you can stop on a penny. Trail ones wont be the same, but will still be good. Long journeys arent much fun, with mucho vibration and the plank seat gets very uncomfortable after an hour. i always have lower back probs after ridin it :cry:

Service intervals put people off, it only holds a litre of oil so needs changin a lot. Doesnt bother me cos i only ride it when the sun shines. But its gonna cost a minimum of 500 quid to rebuild if it goes west, so worth keeping on top of servicing.

Definately worth a go on one if you get the chance. But it wont be on mine. They dont make 650 sm's anymore so im keepin hold of it. Although i would trade it for an absolute mint Mk3 with both sets off wheels an a bit of cash ;)

Pie-eyedpiper
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk 2

Post by Pie-eyedpiper » 24 Mar 2012, 00:51

Love my XR250, just so easy to ride. Jumps well too.

wilhelm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by wilhelm » 25 Mar 2012, 18:01

before i wore out my crm I never had any issue catching passing much later and better four strokes even in its delapidated state,I ride crf 450/250 now with a school and still love my smokers.