Steering + power valve question

Pottsi
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Steering + power valve question

Post by Pottsi » 17 Jun 2012, 06:47

Ive only riden the bike home from purchase .but Cause I'm new to off road knobled tyres I'm not sure if it's standard for the steering to be bit twitchy like slow motion left to right wobble on tarmac. Also I didn't thrash it but I expected a power band to be kinda like a turbo but it didn't seem like it had any sudden power surge so how can I check it works. Last question does any body have links to places to buy like plastics and other parts for my mk2 it's a J reg so I think it's mk2. Oh 1 more I need a helmet cause my road 1 looks silly and found a wolf sport I like but is this a cheap poo brand cause they seem cheap. I won't be pro racing or anything tho lol

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Steering + power valve question

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Jun 2012, 09:41

Hi steering wobble? check the tyres pressure, wear pattern, also that it is highway legal tyre.
Helmet, the absolute best helmet is the one you feel comfortable wearing. You're going to have it on your head all-day, speed in trail biking is less critical so a more economical brand is fine.
:oops: :oops: I currently wear a Lidl own brand, it is the most comfortable helmet I have ever used, and is TUV approved[ German Standards], and also has a flip up visor.
Power Valve, have a look in the search section, there are a gazillion post on that subject, how check for correct set up et al.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Pottsi
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Pottsi » 17 Jun 2012, 10:20

Oops sorry dude I didn't know about the search thing I'm new to forums. Thx for the advice tho I'll get searching oh and my front tyre is flat so that'll be the steering fault lol

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 17 Jun 2012, 12:48

You will find a lot of answers in this section - viewforum.php?f=20

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Jun 2012, 13:54

Pottsi wrote:Oops sorry dude I didn't know about the search thing I'm new to forums. Thx for the advice tho I'll get searching oh and my front tyre is flat so that'll be the steering fault lol
Well it's fair to say you're not the first,nor will you be the last :roll:
In hope the PV issue is as easily remedied, remember, gearing has a major influence on acceleration perceptions.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

njhardy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM250 Mk3

Post by njhardy » 18 Jun 2012, 06:57

I have full-on knobblies on mine and yes, there is a distinct 'knobble-wobble' when you ride on the highway above 80km/hr- that's because knobblies are not meant for road use, as they cause a harmonic resonance to the wheel!!!
PV- sounds like it isn't working properly.

Pottsi
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Pottsi » 19 Jun 2012, 13:41

Took my bike to a local bike mechanic today for the puncture repair and turns out front fork seals are leaking. He's going to give it a full check over so I'm expecting a big bill but will be able to ride without worrying.