New MK2 owner in need of help

MFerioli
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
Re: New MK2 owner in need of help

Post by MFerioli » 03 Nov 2012, 09:50

I just learned that one of the crank seals is no longer in production by Honda. I'm not sure yet which one. Do you guys have a good source for aftermarket seals that I could get shipped to a US address?

Right now I'm waiting for parts and tools to arrive in the mail so no progress lately.

Thanks again!

MFerioli
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by MFerioli » 03 Nov 2012, 11:13

I realize leisure trail sells a crank seal kit, I was just wondering if there are other sources out there, or if you guys know who makes the aftermarket seals so I can try and look them up.

Thanks

mammoth200
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM250 mk2 1992

Post by mammoth200 » 07 Nov 2012, 00:51

If you take the sizes off the current seals you have, then search them on bearing shops as they tend to do oil seals as well. I know you can get the generator side seal on ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160809779597? ... 1439.l2649 this is the right size.

I'm not so sure about the larger seal though, when I originally looked, I don't remember finding one in that size... might just have to bite the bullet and get it from LT

MFerioli
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by MFerioli » 07 Nov 2012, 10:34

Thanks mammoth!
Looks like its the generator side that is now out of production from Honda. I can still get the clutch side though. Thanks for the link and the info about bearing shops, I'll check them both out for sure. I think I will make one purchase from LT anyways, I'll get the seals and the boyesen reeds while I'm at it.

MFerioli
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by MFerioli » 07 Apr 2013, 03:35

well, ive finally replaced both crank seals, but it still runs lousy. Smokes less and less though, i think there is still some residual case oil being burned off. Today i put the generator side seal in, and i still have a throttle that hangs. The bike jumped up to some fairly high RPM and then just stuck there, the only way I could kill it was to put it in gear and let out the clutch, the kill switch did nothing. Seems as though that is a lean symptom from what ive read, air leaks and such, but im not sure whats left for me to do. I may try and find some starting fluid spray today and see if i can find a leak, but aside from the base gasket ive gone over most of the bike. Im ready to find a shop unless anyone has any other thoughts...frustrating.

Right now it starts well and seems to idle idle well too (although Im not sure what it should really idle like), but above that it surges, I can't seem to hold a throttle position and maintain a constant smooth RPM.

Thanks again for all the help.

MFerioli
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by MFerioli » 07 Apr 2013, 05:00

well,never mind i guess. just went for a ride to see if it just needed and extended run after all the work and what a difference!!! I went out and about and came back with no issues at all. I'm still getting used to what a two stroke sounds and feels like, but I think aside from fine tuning the air screw, its good to go!! I am stoked!!!!!

Thanks for all the help!! I'm sure i'll be back with more questions soon enough.