MOTOR INSURANCE DATABASE

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM AR (4)
MOTOR INSURANCE DATABASE

Post by helisupp » 03 Nov 2012, 18:04

I had a surprise in the post from DVLA this morning.

All but one of my bikes are on SORN. One bike still has a current tax disc and MOT on it, but as I am not riding it its not insured to ride.

But the letter from DVLA states that although its taxed and has an MOT, if its not insured immediately or sorned they will give me a fixed penalty notice and 3 points.

W.T.F.

Is this a new thing or not, they give you the details of their website where you can check any reg for insurance.

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: MOTOR INSURANCE DATABASE

Post by twistednuts » 03 Nov 2012, 18:15

Yep, its continuous insurance. Not sure how it works. Think if its not sorned it must have insurance

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk3

Post by garyd » 04 Nov 2012, 11:50

It was to stop folk buying loads of 1 make and hoarding them to flog on later ,with continuos insurance being paid on them all it knocks the profit for 6,can you use a multi bike policy for them all? theres a good idea

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM AR (4)

Post by helisupp » 04 Nov 2012, 16:22

Ahhhhhh Garyd,

Just added the last bike to insurance and it costs less than £200 a year. Not bad considering it cost me £3800 to insure my sons car this year (1.2 Polo 18 years old), and will cost the same next year we think, my RS6 with 580 BHP only cost £420 a year (but I was a year ago and I am 54).

But get this, on top of this I have £9,000 a year uni fees, fuel, accomodation, living expenses. Worked it out I have to earn £26,000 a year before tax to pay them, so over 4 years it will cost over £100,000 earnings before tax, scary numbers.

But, it gets worse, I have 2 lads at University......................

Can't take it with you.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 11 Nov 2012, 16:22

;) Sounds like a garage sale might be coming along shortly. :lol:
PS, my youngest son did his degree as a distance learning scheme at Portsmouth Uni.
It took a bit longer but he was able to work as well as study, just attending for exams and seminars.
He now has a great job, and NO debt.
He's currently tooing and froing to Scotland on a project, so no time for riding :( .
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!