Tidying up....

Morris147
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Tidying up....

Post by Morris147 » 29 Jan 2013, 13:23

I will be racing my 400 this year so my CRM has to go. I have afew questions....

My frame will be sent off for powder coating once i have stripped it down. I know the swingarm bearings can be a knightmare so they will be soaked in oil. The question is how hard is it going to be to assemble the bike? I.E setting up the power valves and oil pump ect.

I have striped and rebuilt my old aprilia mx125 so im no stranger to a set of spanners, However once its all apart i will be cleaning/refurbishing other parts.

Does anyone have any good tips to stripping the bike down?

Also does anyone have a paint code for a white MK2? My tank could do with a fresh coat of paint.

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3
Re: Tidying up....

Post by Mudfacetony » 30 Jan 2013, 06:24

Morris147 wrote:I will be racing my 400 this year so my CRM has to go. I have afew questions....

My frame will be sent off for powder coating once i have stripped it down. I know the swingarm bearings can be a knightmare so they will be soaked in oil. The question is how hard is it going to be to assemble the bike? I.E setting up the power valves and oil pump ect.

I have striped and rebuilt my old aprilia mx125 so im no stranger to a set of spanners, However once its all apart i will be cleaning/refurbishing other parts.

Does anyone have any good tips to stripping the bike down?

Also does anyone have a paint code for a white MK2? My tank could do with a fresh coat of paint.
Take loads of photos and look in the frequently asked questions or do a search its all in here somewhere
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 30 Jan 2013, 07:01

+1 and why not powdercoat the tank white when doing the frame as it is very difficult to match shades of white.

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992

Post by pudzie83 » 31 Jan 2013, 00:38

in relation to stripping down have a copper ended lump hammer to hand :P

Morris147
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Morris147 » 31 Jan 2013, 16:18

Im planing on getting my frame powder coated black, as its looks like jet washing the bike off over the years has taken its toll.