rad valves V force? are they worth the splash of cash?

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: rad valves V force? are they worth the splash of cash?

Post by knackeredMk1 » 16 May 2014, 13:01

You didn't look in the 'Porting and engine tuning' section in the FAQs then? - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6512&p=41251#p41251

The CR Rad valve has a larger intake diameter than the CRM one. This won't effect peak power but it will give you lower mid and low range torque. The CRM one also has an oil pipe.

Chops91mk2
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 91 mk2

Post by Chops91mk2 » 17 May 2014, 02:24

I read it knackered thank you for you valuable info :BB , and I don't mind if you want to edit this for easyier reading, I personally just could not find the crm one anywhere, Boyeson took over 2 weeks to reply to several emails and I thought I was at a dead loss, so I jumped the gun seeing a cr rad valve on eBay for $160au as it was a good price ($360au in stores locally :o ). Seems that there is no one holding the crm one in stock online or instore besides Boyeson, that I could find, I could be wrong.
So it was more about where to find them if anyone was having trouble getting there hands on the RAD02SJ, like I did. :mrgreen:

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992

Post by pudzie83 » 17 May 2014, 06:57

chops my story is almost identical to yours (or yours is almost identical to mine) boyesen didn't reply to me at all, my local mx shop said there supplyer had 1 left so i grabbed it without hesitating.

knackered a larger intake is good for a larger carb then?
VIVA LA CRM!