CRM Forks is it me

xander77
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
CRM Forks is it me

Post by xander77 » 12 May 2013, 21:26

Went out with a couple of lads last Sunday! one on a brand new KTM 250exe and the other on a KTM 690. vid of the ride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TmJN25sb8M
make sure you click the cog looking icon and pick 720p or higher.

Now I have been riding the CRM for 3 years on the trails and I think I have got faster? lower gearing than standard but I used to attack every trail in second, on the last ride out (see the offs) I seemed to be in third most of the trails and to me the offs are from the front forks rebounding too much and bouncing the front off in a different direction after hitting some thing big! rock etc., do you agree?

its because of the extra gear so speed I am thinking this is happening, I did try and stay with the KTMs which is prob not a good idea on a 20 year old trail bike! maybe I just have to slow down? or is it arm strength not letting me muscle around the forks?

Started looking for a CRF250X but the valve stories are putting me off! apart from the balancer shaft and bearings, I have not had to touch the 20 year old CRM engine!!

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: CRM Forks is it me

Post by knackeredMk1 » 12 May 2013, 22:11

See - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5266

There are various things you can do to improve the forks. They never were very good - soft, saggy and under damped.

xander77
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Re: CRM Forks is it me

Post by xander77 » 13 May 2013, 22:09

Hi knackeredMk1, yes that's what I am thinking, I have had the rear shock rebuilt, and the front forks, bushes and seals, but a upgrade maybe the best way to go, rear end is fine so far but the forks are the limiting factor I think?