Carb cleaned

longmoreuk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk 3
Re: Carb cleaned

Post by longmoreuk » 05 Jan 2014, 19:56

This may help someone, I linked them together and then took the pipe into the air box, seemed an ideal place to be and shouldn't get bunged up in there, thanks for the tip in any case.

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3

Post by fishtail » 06 Jan 2014, 09:21

hey thanks! so that one goes up?!!! mines been goin down for ever!

err would that affect things? whats that one for?

cheers anyways! :) ( apologies for half hijackin the thread b4... )
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

longmoreuk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk 3

Post by longmoreuk » 06 Jan 2014, 18:11

The clear pipes are attached to either side of the carb, from what I have been told these are air vents, whether air goes in or out is beyond me though but they affect carburation.

The view was that crud or water could enter these pipes in their standard position. Therefore I was advised by the more knowledgeable members on here that it is possible to route them to the airbox or headstock and minimise the risk of this. I did so, as it sounded like a win win idea to me.

Hence I have taken each side up, with the other side up and over the airbox and brought them together using the t piece, I chose to route them where I have as it just seems to fit there nicely. One pipe from the t then goes up and I chose to route it into the airbox so its out the way.

Does it affect running. Not as far as I can tell. Its running mint now but I have cleaned everything. The nice clean pipes look a lot better though. makes the petrol and water pipes look shocking.................just like someone said it would!

Cleaning my carb and filter has done the world of good. It kicked over from cold on the second kick, having just attached everything back up, wheeled her out and got ready to kick it over at least 10 times! Seems to pull nicely now too and although it rips through the gears too quickly for my liking I will leave it as is. It will prob be well suited to offroading.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 06 Jan 2014, 18:40

Gearing is always an issue. Don't be afraid to experiment. My gearing is [ 14/45] which happens to suit my riding style, I don't compete any longer, only trail ride. Sometimes ability and understanding also make a difference, I seem able to find grip and traction where others are spinning and slithering uncontrollably.looking for alternative ways through trouble spots can also pay dividends, rather than just following Indian style, shed speed on the good going, so as your in control in the trouble spot, and ready to accelerate under control out of the problem area.
The carb breathers will only affect the carburation if they block, which is why there better off in a sheltered position.
As mentioned previously, the overflow must go downwards,this allows excess fuel out of the float bowl to escape, well, unless you spend a lot of time upside down ;) ;) , no name no pack drill.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!