Auto lube reliability

Bultacobob
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Auto lube reliability

Post by Bultacobob » 09 Jun 2015, 10:07

Just want out at the weekend for a 100mile trail, great fun but loads of other riders were sucking in breath and murmuring dia warnings about the auto lube system. So my question to those in the know is are there any known weak spots on the MK3. Should I premix instead? The auto lube system is a fantastic idea as it varies the mix ration to only the real amount needed. The Old premix system makes you mix for max speed so anything less is slowly over filling the system with oil. Any known issues or input appreciated.

Cheers Rob

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Auto lube reliability

Post by gregorious77 » 09 Jun 2015, 12:27

My AR is still on autolube and has only done trail riding since it was imported. 10,000 miles without a problem so far.
Just make sure you check the adjustment periodically and there should be no problems

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 09 Jun 2015, 22:28

gregorious77 wrote:My AR is still on autolube and has only done trail riding since it was imported. 10,000 miles without a problem so far.
Just make sure you check the adjustment periodically and there should be no problems
+1, friends eh :roll: :roll:
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Speeddevice
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk 2

Post by Speeddevice » 10 Jun 2015, 08:16

I used to believe in the idea of removing oil-injection because stories of "a friend-of-a-friend who's oil-injected bike suddenly died" but have yet to find anyone who's actually had a fault with the injection system. More often it is because the oil was allowed to run out, the wrong oil was used or different types of oils were mixed causing restricted flow.

I have however heard of more problems with pre-mix fuel and oil separating after mixing. This is even more common with modern fuels and their additive packages.

:!: The only thing to check is your "oil level warning" light switch in the oil tank is operating correctly. Bend down occasionally and check that the clear oil injection line has oil in it too if you want the reassurance.

If your oil injection system is in good condition ride on happy in the knowledge that your bike is better protected, uses less oil, blows less smoke, will have less deposits in the exhaust & power-valve and fowls less spark-plugs.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 10 Jun 2015, 15:57

+1

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 10 Jun 2015, 16:20

My memory has just let me down, but hasn't one of the Euro manufactures just released a new 2T with autolube AND an electric boot?
Mike

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 MK3

Post by andrew19 » 10 Jun 2015, 20:15

Yes it is a Beta 300 xtrainer.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 12 Jun 2015, 18:10