Overvalued?

weegaz22
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Overvalued?

Post by weegaz22 » 16 Dec 2015, 17:42

Been looking for a smallish winter bike and liked the look of the CRM, going by Ebay "sold" listing i was trying to get a rough idea of market value as the "values" on the site was last updated around 2007 so not really relevant anymore, i had seen this
https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbi ... 1145220812

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crm250-2-stro ... SwwE5WZW9t

same bike, so after looking at it i was personally thinking its value would be around the 800 mark?
my reasons are : no MOT, it needs at bare minimum a full service/fluids change as its been sat 4 years(maybe needs tyres if they have a flat spot from being sat so long) , needs repair work ie the stand, light, plate etc, i dont know what kind of front brake setup its running as that could have been done on the cheap like the supermoto wheels, doesnt have the original wheels either

so am i right or am i off the mark? i don't think its worth his asking price of 1100 given all the other stuff i could buy at that price that would be up to 10+ years newer and taxed and tested

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: Overvalued?

Post by knackeredMk1 » 16 Dec 2015, 20:01

First of all that is not a CRM it is a road registered CR. Very different animal.

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by jompy » 16 Dec 2015, 20:50

The CRM is a gray import , they seem to hold there price for there age . Dealers ask ridiculous money for them .
I wonder if people agree but I think you'd be looking at £1000 for a rattyish mk2 with an mot and then look to spending £300 maybe even £600 to get it running right .
If your after a supermoto then maybe the CR would be better , the CRM by its nature is designed to have a good bottom end rather than the normal 2 stroke zingy top end power , this bike is a brilliant trail bike .

weegaz22
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by weegaz22 » 16 Dec 2015, 21:03

Lol, I've just noticed the difference in frames after you pointing out its not a crm, might be worth a punt then, light being dead will probably be cause theres no stator/genny

weegaz22
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by weegaz22 » 16 Dec 2015, 21:20

jompy wrote:The CRM is a gray import , they seem to hold there price for there age . Dealers ask ridiculous money for them .
I wonder if people agree but I think you'd be looking at £1000 for a rattyish mk2 with an mot and then look to spending £300 maybe even £600 to get it running right .
If your after a supermoto then maybe the CR would be better , the CRM by its nature is designed to have a good bottom end rather than the normal 2 stroke zingy top end power , this bike is a brilliant trail bike .

Theres always a difference in what people ask and what people actually get when it comes to buying/selling When i sold my Honda SP1 a few months ago i seen guys advertising them up to £15000 depending on their "opinion" of condition, but the average they SELL for is much lower they go for £3.5 - 5k for an average to good condition one, maybe a bit more if it has the right mods and is mint, the CRM's on ebay i've seen them go from 600-1600, the one that went for 1600 was a 99 AR, in average looking condition with a years mot, so going by that reckoning i thought my pricing was ok

not that that matters as the bike shown in the pic isnt a crm even though both adverts state it is, the lowish res pic doesnt help either

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by jompy » 16 Dec 2015, 21:43

good luck with it but if you do end up looking at CRM's again pop back as theres a couple of things to look out for like the swing arm bolt being frozen

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 MK3

Post by andrew19 » 16 Dec 2015, 22:22

What looks like a pretty decent Mk2 just sold for £980

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/crm-250-/321941006102?

dillondog
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: rm

Post by dillondog » 30 Dec 2015, 08:55

hi all.
yes that was my crm I sold, I was happy with the price it went for and the guy who had it was more than chuffed with it.
don't be greedy my mum always says.
I do think some people ask to much for there bikes but do they sell for the overvalued price? I don't think so that's why the same ones are for sale all the time.
sorry to see my old bike go but I think its going to have a few £££ and become a supermoto.
hopefully see some pics of it on this site.

cheers

xstian81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3 CRM

Post by xstian81 » 31 Dec 2015, 13:36

Prices seem all over the place. My brother advertised his MK1 on here in the autumn for £1100, with no interest.

He eventually put in on ebay at the beginning of Dec and it made £1500. The guy was delighted with it.

I thought £1100 was about right for it. It was in no way mint, but was certainly a decent bike for something that is 27 years old. There are some very optimistic prices on ebay from some dealers, which seem to give a false indication of market value. Not just for CRM's, it seems to be for all bikes and cars.